Zalman CNPS7000 on LGA775

agfkfhahddhdn

Dec 14, 2003
I stupid got confused when buying a cooler for my HTPC and bought one that is not out-of-the-box compatible with my LGA775 board. I was looking at the CNPS7700 and accidentally bought the 7000 model. The latter supports LGA775 only with an optional bracket. This bracket is out of stock most places, and on Amazon is $16, which is the same amount I paid for the cooler...

Anyway, does anyone know how I could mount this without the bracket? Does anyone somehow have one of these mysterious brackets or know where I could find one for a reasonable price?

MrTeal

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003
I stupid got confused when buying a cooler for my HTPC and bought one that is not out-of-the-box compatible with my LGA775 board. I was looking at the CNPS7700 and accidentally bought the 7000 model. The latter supports LGA775 only with an optional bracket. This bracket is out of stock most places, and on Amazon is $16, which is the same amount I paid for the cooler...

Anyway, does anyone know how I could mount this without the bracket? Does anyone somehow have one of these mysterious brackets or know where I could find one for a reasonable price?

I'm guessing you can't support a tower cooler in your HTPC, is that correct?

Looking at that mounting mechanism, I doubt there's any way to modify it that would be worth the time it would take. You'd probably just be better off buying the 7700.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

Why don`t you call or contact Zalman and tell them what you did and see if they will ship you one to help you out? I have heard of instances where companies will do that...good luck!!

agfkfhahddhdn

Dec 14, 2003
I'm guessing you can't support a tower cooler in your HTPC, is that correct?

Looking at that mounting mechanism, I doubt there's any way to modify it that would be worth the time it would take. You'd probably just be better off buying the 7700.

That's correct, iirc I have 120mm of clearance.

Why don`t you call or contact Zalman and tell them what you did and see if they will ship you one to help you out? I have heard of instances where companies will do that...good luck!!

Can't believe I didn't think of that. 0 for 2 on this purchasing decision, lol.