Z87i deluxe vs rog i impact mini

Redoitall

Feb 11, 2013
I have the following question, I built a 4770 k with a deluxe but the MB temps are reading 107 c so I have the option to exchange to whatever I want. I was looking at the ROG mini impact. does it overclock better, does it keep better temps? is it more stable is the MB heatsink bigger ? . Other than the sound card that I really dont care I want to really know if ROG is better than the rest of Asus lineup. Price is not a problem is only a 30 dollar difference. I am just curious about performance not features. And by the way I dont care about the M-2 connector for a pci express SSD. mainly overcloking for my FSX that is all thank you for your prompt replies

dma0991

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2011
107C is too high. It might just be an anomaly with the monitoring software, which does happen with older boards and fixed with new BIOS revisions. If the reading is indeed accurate, then its just a limitation with the design of daughterboard power phases. There's no room for a beefy heatsink, only a thin strip of heatspreader which doesn't do much if there's no incidental airflow. If you're using an mITX case, find a way to place a fan that blows directly on the daughterboard.

Redoitall

Feb 11, 2013
Yeah I figure as much I have been overcloking it to 4.8 with no problems so I know the temperatures are not accurate otherwise the boared would be fried by now. What I am thinking is swapping for ROG is it worth it and do they perform better

dma0991

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2011
4.8GHz is pushing it too far for an mITX motherboard, even with one that has similar power phases of an ATX motherboard. The lack of proper heatsinks is the only difference that makes an ATX board still superior in overclocking. An IB at 4.8GHz is silicon lottery, not limited by the motherboard. You gain next to nothing by changing to a ROG board, even more so if it is the same mITX board with daughterboard design.