Z540s and MS Sidewinder Gamepad dont work w/ Epox 8RDA+!!

Techie333

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2001
HELP PPL. Just built a new 8RDA+ system and have a few problems....
1) I am using the Logitech Z-540's with the mobo and even when I set it to 4 speaker analog setup and check the area where it says my rear speakers are plugged into line-in, when I play the sample MIDI files, I get no audio in the rear speakers. What am I doing wrong here?
2) I hooked up a Microsoft Sidewinder original into the gameport PCI slot that was included with the mobo to plug into game port on mobo, but when I say to auto detect the sidewinder version, it detects Sidewinder 3D PRo which is not what I have and furthermore it says "Not Connected" and I can see the green light on the gamepad. I tried turning the plug tht goes into the motherboard around but it still does the same thing. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

DayLaPaul

Platinum Member
Apr 6, 2001
Try reconnecting the game port cable with pin1 facing towards the front of the case. I made this mistake because the silk screen label says "game1" with the 1 facing the back of the case, so I assumed this was referring to pin1, but it doesn't.

Techie333

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2001
Alright! It worked....I guess something was just not clicking...........now for the second problem? Help please?

DayLaPaul

Platinum Member
Apr 6, 2001
remove the gameport and mpu401 from the device manager, reboot and go into the bios and disable them there also. make sure the bracket thing is connected like i said in my previous post. boot into windows and make sure those 2 devices aren't there. reboot and re-enable them in the bios and when you boot up it *should* redetect your gameport and automatically sense your sidewider (it did for mine).