Youtuber Total Biscuit has full blown cancer

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
I only watched a few of his videos, mostly the PlanetSide 2 preview stuff, but I know he's got a lot of watchers. Sad news, hope he recovers.

wanderer27

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2005
That's sad.

I frickin' hate Cancer, lost many family members to it.

Got checked myself for this a year ago, they got the Pre-C stuff - puts me on a more regular check cycle.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
I used to watch him a few years ago. I don't so much anymore because his style of commentating is annoying to me and he's kind of an ass sometimes. That said, cancer sucks and I don't wish it upon anyone. Hope he pulls through.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Any info on his age and the type cancer he has?

Not sure about his age, late 20s early 30s, I think. He did a video not too long ago talking about a growth in his colon though, so I'm guessing probably some kind of colon cancer?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Shit. lost my brother at 34 to cancer that started in the colon, checked too late. I still can't read things like this.

:(

wanderer27

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2005
29 ! ? ! ?

WTH, they don't even recommend you start screening for that until you're 50 . . .

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
29 ! ? ! ?

WTH, they don't even recommend you start screening for that until you're 50 . . .

well, first colonoscopy is usually recommended 35 or 40 these days...Though maybe that is only if you have family history.
I had one at 30 (b/c of then-sudden family history), and now I'm due for the next one. ....oh goddamnit. :(

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
Yeah thats scary. Just read a bit more and apparently he has family history of it. I would have never guessed he was only 29, he looks much older in pictures.

wanderer27

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2005
well, first colonoscopy is usually recommended 35 or 40 these days...Though maybe that is only if you have family history.
I had one at 30 (b/c of then-sudden family history), and now I'm due for the next one. ....oh goddamnit. :(

Family history here, but they never got me until 50 - and I was late at that.

TeknoBug

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2013
That's a shame, hope he dodges a bullet with this one, my friend's sister dodged one that was potentially pancrias. Just lost my father to it last summer, although doctors said he probably had it for 20+ years so it's his fault for not getting checkups.

It's usually what you regularly eat (zap food alot in microwave, eat fast food, etc), where you live (near a microwave tower or a manufacturing plant), and if you're an athlete that gets an X-ray more than 10 times a year.

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
It's usually what you regularly eat (zap food alot in microwave, eat fast food, etc), where you live (near a microwave tower or a manufacturing plant), and if you're an athlete that gets an X-ray more than 10 times a year.

Sure those play a role but the number one thing and the one you didn't list is genetics and family history, which is by far the biggest factor. Take for example my grandmother who is 86, eats fast food all the time etc... and then other people who will eat healthy diets and exercise, basically live saintly lifestyles but still end up with cancer etc..

CottonRabbit

Golden Member
Apr 28, 2005
Sure those play a role but the number one thing and the one you didn't list is genetics and family history, which is by far the biggest factor. Take for example my grandmother who is 86, eats fast food all the time etc... and then other people who will eat healthy diets and exercise, basically live saintly lifestyles but still end up with cancer etc..

Actually, nothing he listed has been found to play a major role in cancer development. As for Total Biscuit, to get colon cancer below age forty means it is certainly due to genetics.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
29 ! ? ! ?

He did have bloody stools and painful pooping, things that would probably make someone want to schedule a check up. Almost makes me want to find a PCP and schedule one myself, if only it wasn't such a pain in the ass dealing with the paperwork.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
that does suck, i like watching his vids. i know a lot of people dont like him however cancer is a bitch hope it works out for him

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
He does look kind of unhealthy for a 29 year old. Even when dressed up, you can see the physical condition is terrible.

epic-meal-time-vs-totalbiscuit-john-bain.jpg

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
That sucks. I really enjoyed his youtube "WTF is" videos, hope he pulls through.

I don't think it's a physical condition issue. Now, certainly, cardiovascular function WILL SUFFER if you're overweight, make no mistake. Genetics determines when and if that becomes detrimental via high BP or stroke/heart attack/etc, but having excess fat around your cardiovascular area is never a good thing. Even though i'm lean and in pretty good shape I still do cardio 5 days a week because of this. Regardless of being lean or fat, you need to work your heart out. If you don't use it enough via exercise, it will become a detriment. It could be at age 40, 50, 60 , but it may happen.

But that wasn't his issue. Cancer is usually based on genetics and sometimes is complete chance. It really does suck that it happened to him; I wish him all the best.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
He does look kind of unhealthy for a 29 year old. Even when dressed up, you can see the physical condition is terrible.

epic-meal-time-vs-totalbiscuit-john-bain.jpg

He looks like he's in his late 40s at minimum o_O I'm not a huge fan of him, but I do idly throw him on a decent amount when I watch other stuff; sad to see him get cancer : (

Oct 25, 2006
That's a shame, hope he dodges a bullet with this one, my friend's sister dodged one that was potentially pancrias. Just lost my father to it last summer, although doctors said he probably had it for 20+ years so it's his fault for not getting checkups.

I don't think you actually understand radiation and its relation to cancer.

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005

Nope, nothing to to do with it. Unless you happen to live in a nuke power plant that radiation is fine.