Your US Citizenship is Worth Exactly $450

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
My sister is married to an American Citizen (7 years now) and she always said, if she got pregnant she would have the baby in the USA.

Oh and for the record she is going through the EXPENSIVE yet LEGAL process to get her US citizenship as we speak.

Give me her email and I'll send her an Amazon gift card.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
I don't understand this "American child" and "two illegal parents" deal. If an American citizen is a child, and its parents are not, then the American child can - gasp - go with its illegal parents back where they came from, and then - gasp - come back here when its of legal age. That this American child will have to do this is not the US's fault, but rather, its parents. It can refer all whining to its parents. If the parents can come back here legally, by all means, bring the American child back with them.

Why is this so F'ing hard?

It's hard because we shouldn't be deporting American citizens. The child should have the option to stay in the United States with his or her parents.

Aug 14, 2001
I think that it's pretty reasonable for an American citizen to stay in the US and have his or her parents come to the US, too. The parents don't have to be granted American citizenship right away, but I think that it's in the best interest for society to have the American citizen's parents in the US.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
Wait... it costs me money to renounce my citizenship? You have to be fucking kidding me...

Oh and if it costs $450 dollars to get rid of it, it should cost just as much to get it so time to change the immigration policies jack asses.

Last edited:

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
It's hard because we shouldn't be deporting American citizens. The child should have the option to stay in the United States with his or her parents.

They shouldn't be American citizens. The Anchor baby law sucks and should be repealed. It was never meant to be applied in this way.

Illegal parents = illegal babies. Problem solved.