Question Your thoughts on Asus PG259QN?

bde

Mar 15, 2004
Hi,
I want to play mainly FPS games on my pc
I was thinking RTX 3090 + PG259QN

feel free to make suggestions and provide advice as im not the most knowledgable in this world

Thanks

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
Utterly irrelevant to me, since I am not a competitive gamer. But here is a review, from a channel I respect:

He said the difference between 240Hz and 360Hz is miniscule, and despite being a esports gamer, he couldn't reliably pick out the difference. Though he acknowledges some people probably can tell the difference, and it is a very good high refresh monitor.

bde

Mar 15, 2004
Utterly irrelevant to me, since I am not a competitive gamer. But here is a review, from a channel I respect:

He said the difference between 240Hz and 360Hz is miniscule, and despite being a esports gamer, he couldn't reliably pick out the difference. Though he acknowledges some people probably can tell the difference, and it is a very good high refresh monitor.

Thanks, was helpful...
dumb question: does the 3090 and 3080 work on my pcie 3.0?

bde

Mar 15, 2004
Not really:

wow you are right, the tech guy at the computer store said that it would lose about 20%...but you can see that its really minor, not worth at all upgrading the whole PC...which he was kinda suggesting, which makes sense...

I want your opinion on something, so since everything is out of stock, I want to OC my 1080ti again to the manufacture's recommended 1708hz something like that..i used to have it always OC'ed however recently, Ive been getting the famous "DEV ERROR 6068" during CODMW gameplay, and after 3 formats, and countless tries of the videos on youtube suggesting many different things, Ive singled out all to 2 things that cause this error, one of them was having downloaded the asus tweak II app and having OC'ed my GPU...and the other one was no XMP what so ever which meant that I had to bring my ram clock up.....so in other words no OCing what so ever... but i am wondering, was the tweak II app had anything to do with it? or its strictly the OCing itself....now I was wondering to perhaps try to OC my videocard with a 3rd party app... say the NZXT cam app, jus to avoid the tweak II app, what do you think about that? hoping that the dev error is because of tweak II and not the overclock...
I find it a pity that I had to downclock on stuff just to play CODMW I've already notified activation that after the latest update this happened... I had changed nothing about my PC, until the last update this kept happening....

Thanks