Your predictions for 2015?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
I will spend another year supporting the system I hate, causing me to hate myself. Also, I will continue to be alone due to my fear of being alone.

Should be a good year.

TwiceOver

Lifer
Dec 20, 2002
Gas < $2/gal

Major earthquake in USA

3 other major TV providers offering an OTT service (other than CBS and HBO already announced)

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Having gone through every color, including black twice, the Fashion industry will declare being nude the new black. Fashion week will become a orgy. Dozens of models die of lacerations caused by pointy elbows.

Honey Badger will start giving a F*ck.

Ferguson will start using 'enhanced interrogation' techniques in their goal to prosecute looters.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Try for SSI?

You better go for it before Obama leaves office. :)

Can't, I quit... a guaranteed job for life guberment job in a complete shit economy -- think about how bad it had to be for me to do that.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
US will dismantle the military to provide free healthcare to illegal immigrants. Putin will roll tanks into Alaska and then to the northwestern states. Mexican drug lords will over run the border and massacre the southwest and south. French-Canadian seperatists will cross Lake Erie and take over the Northeast. Only New Jersey remains of what used to be the US, because quite frankly, who wants New Jersey?

I missed that one before, that was good :)

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Can't, I quit... a guaranteed job for life guberment job in a complete shit economy -- think about how bad it had to be for me to do that.

Oh. Were you in IT? or was it something like the post office?

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Yellowstone Volcano will erupt, California will slide into the ocean and everyone will invade Florida.

Maybe I better buy that Mini 30.

:sneaky:

J/K.

Still might, they look cool to mess with.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Oh. Were you in IT? or was it something like the post office?

I wish. I actually love basic IT because it's a job that requires constant client interaction.

My job? Sit in a corner, minimal social interaction (virtually no meetings or clients), and do the most mundane shit jobs for the office. Couldn't find anything I wanted to work towards and I just wasn't a good fit in that place. All my work friends were VERY cynical and "two-faced" -- one to kiss boss' ass, one to bitch about the bullshit behind their back -- so lump me in with them minus the second face that disappeared after the first two years. Tack on a 3 hour commute, bitchy new manager with terrible social skills, and I had enough after more than 5 years.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
I wish. I actually love basic IT because it's a job that requires constant client interaction.

My job? Sit in a corner, minimal social interaction (virtually no meetings or clients), and do the most mundane shit jobs for the office. Couldn't find anything I wanted to work towards and I just wasn't a good fit in that place. All my work friends were VERY cynical and "two-faced" -- one to kiss boss' ass, one to bitch about the bullshit behind their back -- so lump me in with them minus the second face that disappeared after the first two years. Tack on a 3 hour commute, bitchy new manager with terrible social skills, and I had enough after more than 5 years.

Imagine doing that for the next 30 years! Sadly, that's what people do. They stay in a job because they are too afraid to do anything else. Good thing you got out.

Ruptga

Lifer
Aug 3, 2006
Nothing will really change, around here or in the world, for the most part. It never does, why would it start now?

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Imagine doing that for the next 30 years! Sadly, that's what people do. They stay in a job because they are too afraid to do anything else. Good thing you got out.

Truth is that I'll have to go right back to it and I will be "lucky" to have any job -- oil just crashed and it's not an insignificant part of Canada's economy, there's a housing bubble, so we're US of A circa-2007 right now? Enjoying my last break until I put up with another 5 years of bullshit.