Your pick for Time's Person of the Year

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I think it's time to say no one qualified this year. But they're too damned self serving to admit it.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
I think Mayne just edges you out, though I'm not entirely convinced he isn't actually Kim Jong Un.

Zfe1Qor.jpg

Reactions: IronWing

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Putin.

Or maybe Xi Jinping since he's basically the top dog now that the US is withdrawing from the world and embarrassing itself.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Oh yeah! He's shooting up the charts like a Hwasong-15!

zing! but seriously having legit ICBM capabilities does change the geopolitical landscape quite dramatically.

sure it's late in the year, but dare i say that's as much a game changer as the cheeto president

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
John Oliver is a moron and isnt even that funny.

I wouldnt cast a vote for "person of the year", if I did it would just be for my grandfather anyway.

No, he's not a moron. There is ample evidence to the contrary as a matter of fact.
And your opinion of his humor is irrelevant. He's smarter than you, contributes much more to society, and actually makes coherent arguments which (apparently) you are completely incapable of.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Women. Show a picture of the women's march on inauguration weekend. Women are "person" of this year. Their voting is what changed elections this year. Their #metoo campaign has been probably more powerful than they have thought it would be. And they are going to be the turning point going into the 2018 elections. They've been tested more in the last year than they have since the civil rights movements and have stood very strong. They get my vote for "person" of the year.

Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
No, he's not a moron. There is ample evidence to the contrary as a matter of fact.
And your opinion of his humor is irrelevant. He's smarter than you, contributes much more to society, and actually makes coherent arguments which (apparently) you are completely incapable of.

If you think you know enough about me to make a statment like that based off of the 2 sentences above, youre probably not as smart as youd like to believe either.

He is also not smarter than me, he just gets paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to spend hours and hours retrieving (someone elses) information and regurgitate it on TV. Thats not smart, he just has a lot of time on his hands.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
I'm really hoping he's the 2018 pick! ;)

Yeah, he'll be in the running for 2018. He's just lining up the board in 17.

For bad: Harvey Weinstein. For good: SJW Women

Gretchen Carlson opened the door in '16, but the pussy hats brought the fuel and Harvey was the match.

This will also continue in to 18, but look for some overreactions, then the push back. We'll see where it goes from there.

Jan 25, 2011
List of nominees is out. I'm changing my initial vote to my second choice. #MeToo movement

Think this thread touched on almost all of these. The full list.

Kim Jung Un

Donald Trump

Robert Mueller

#MeToo movement

Dreamers

Mohammed bin Salman

Xi Jinping

Colin Kaepernick

Patty Jenkins

Jeff Bezos

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
I would select billionaires. This is the year they showed their true power. Where the demonstrated the complete and utter control they have over the entirety of the American political system.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
This is Time magazine, not some intellectual snob rag like People. They could pick Velveeta as their person of the year.