Your pick for Time's Person of the Year

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Hillary Clinton. I mean, if you believed Fox News, she's clearly the most important person in the universe. Not like that incompetent, corrupt liar in the White House.

Reactions: Thebobo

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Yup. As far as impact, good or bad, it's definitely The Donald.

Really? Haven't seen much from him aside from a bunch of racist tweets. He seems to be mostly continuing Obama's policies so far, thought to be fair he would have killed the ACA if he was competent.

I'd say McConnell had more impact by getting Gorsuch into the supreme court. I wouldn't be inclined to give it to either of them, but the Kochs own that magazine now so...

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
I told them I didnt want an emmy anyway, im busy doing relevant things with my life.
Like posting in P&N? :p

Anyway, the Emmy nominating committee wants you to know that the constant ringing you hear in your head isn't ever them calling.

Now, put down that banana phone, log off of here, and do more of those relevant things, like trimming your nose hair or attending to your upstairs bathroom. Those tiles aren't going to grout themselves!

Reactions: Thebobo

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
Like posting in P&N? :p

Anyway, the Emmy nominating committee wants you to know that the constant ringing you hear in your head isn't ever them calling.

Now, put down that banana phone, log off of here, and do more of those relevant things, like trimming your nose hair or attending to your upstairs bathroom. Those tiles aren't going to grout themselves!

Jokes on you, its linoleum.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Obviously it's Hillary. According to republicans and their daily paranoid bedwetting, she is the one running the country and the singular reason that their lives are so fucking horrible for the last 3 decades.

Runner up would be whitey-white white man with his polo shirt and tiki torch complaining about racism against his superior whiteness.

Reactions: Homerboy

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Me!

hlXDZAN.png

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
If I was honest, I'd probably agree that it was Trump, but I'd never go there because it would just encourage his fucking narcissism.

But the trick is to pick him and explain TRUTHFULLY why it's him.
Hint: The reasons are not flattering.

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
The problem is he'd take the award as flattery regardless of the the reasons given. He'd just call those reasons "fake news".

Reactions: Homerboy

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

As mect said, I think Trump is so superficial that he'd just want to see his face on the cover, context be damned. You want to get his goat? Make it Clinton or Mueller.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
As mect said, I think Trump is so superficial that he'd just want to see his face on the cover, context be damned. You want to get his goat? Make it Clinton or Mueller.
Really want to piss him off, make it Obama as the most missed President.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I'd go for the #MeToo crowd, those who have spoken out about the abuse they've suffered.

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
Pick #1: Kim Jong Un

He deserves it for his command of rockets, the news, and for teaching the whole US a new english word (Dotard).

Runner up: Vladimir Putin

He deserves 2nd place for placing Donald in the US presidency. He always wins this award though so I think Kim deserves it more.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Pick #1: Kim Jong Un

He deserves it for his command of rockets, the news, and for teaching the whole US a new english word (Dotard).

Runner up: Vladimir Putin

He deserves 2nd place for placing Donald in the US presidency. He always wins this award though so I think Kim deserves it more.

Dotard - Man I love learning new shit. Its actually spoken dōdərd.