your keyboard

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
who here has some ancient keyboard that they have some kind of sentimental attachment to? i have an original microsoft natural keyboard from 1995 that i couldn't stand to replace (unless the new models go back to the old directional arrow design)...but i think i might need to because the amount of pure crap underneath the keys is just horrible... and on top of the lesser-used keys too... good god wtf

BillyBatson

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
lol. i had the microsoft office keyboard from 2000 with the big rubber scroll wheel on the left. i loved that hting was sold and felt right. i was sorry to sell it. i also have an OLDDDDDDDD crappy no nname brand PS2 keyboard i sitll keep around for bios use from 1998 which i love

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Using my Dell QuietKey keyboard since 2002 (new, I know, but it's better than my older keyboards). I love the feel of this thing, it's just that sometimes the keys seem to take a little too much effort to press down. I type faster on a laptop keyboard, so I'm looking forward to my next keyboard upgrade.

Toastedlightly

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2004
I have some braun wireless one from target. It was 40 bucks w/ mouse. I've cleaned it out 5 times in the last 5 years. Still truckin.

JasonCoder

Golden Member
Feb 23, 2005
I was forced to upgrade to the msft natural elite 4000 or whatever it's called after I dumped coffee on my original natural elite from 1999. I loved that thing and I still have it. A couple of the keys just don't work now. Wish there was a guide on how to clean those things... I opened it up but it's complex on the inside.

The new natural keyboards are nice, have padded wrist rests but I miss all the buttons on my old one.

ForumMaster

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
so why don't you, you know, clean it? i too have a MS Internet Keyboard that i love. it's really not difficult too clean. just takes some time and patience.

thejnaitor

Mar 15, 2006
I have a Model M keyboard and love it to death. Surprisingly, I bought the Model M about a year ago off eBay and use it now instead of a Logitech wireless keyboard I used to have. Model M ftw

d33pt

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: thejnaitor
I have a Model M keyboard and love it to death. Surprisingly, I bought the Model M about a year ago off eBay and use it now instead of a Logitech wireless keyboard I used to have. Model M ftw

model M here too. mine's circa 1984.

Kaervak

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
I'm still using my MS Natural Keyboard Pro. Six years old IIRC, it gets a cleaning every couple of months or so. There's some wear spots on the palm rest but other wise it's in quite good condition.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
I have 3 MS Naturals in a box, just in case something happens. I bought one of their newest Natural keyboards and the key-feel isn't as nice, but it's okay. There are like 15 buttons that I've never even pressed before :p

mcvickj

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2001
Was the Model M ever produced with a Windows key? I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but I thought I would ask.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I retired my circa 1995 MS Natural this year too. I still have it, but I like the padded palm rest on my new MS Natural 4000.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
Originally posted by: vi_edit
I retired my circa 1995 MS Natural this year too. I still have it, but I like the padded palm rest on my new MS Natural 4000.

Yep, that's the one I have with all the buttons that go unused. The keys are a little stiff for me, I really liked the feel of the old Naturals...but oh well.

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: ForumMaster
so why don't you, you know, clean it? i too have a MS Internet Keyboard that i love. it's really not difficult too clean. just takes some time and patience.

i've cleaned it before. it's the biggest pain in the ass.

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: ScottSwingleComputers
You like those screwed up arrow keys?

read again

edit: oh, i see they HAVE gone back to the old proper design. they had that in the beginning, then went to the screwed up design with the elite, then went good again

sswingle

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
Originally posted by: Pepsi90919
Originally posted by: ScottSwingleComputers
You like those screwed up arrow keys?

read again

edit: oh, i see they HAVE gone back to the old proper design. they had that in the beginning, then went to the screwed up design with the elite, then went good again

Yup, just the elite had them, that was why I was confused.

JasonCoder

Golden Member
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: Pepsi90919
Originally posted by: ForumMaster

i've cleaned it before. it's the biggest pain in the ass.

Honestly I don't know how you guys cleaned em. I opened mine up and there's so many connections and little peices I don't think I'd get it back together again. I guess there's no harm trying since it's just sitting there dead at the moment but really looks like a pita.