Your impressions of Charlie Demerjian, post here.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SirPauly

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2009
Like Charlie, since he is a lightning rod to add discussion for forums and has colorful flair. Obviously has some sources but the venom and vile he has for nVidia is tough at times. There is always some truth in there but it's the worse case leading the reader and using some of this worse case data to convince the reader of glooming doom.

It's all good. The Internet and technology forums would be boring without him and the World can only handle one Charlie, one may imagine.

solofly

Banned
May 25, 2003
exactly what an nvidiot would say

/see how easy this is?

But he's got a ATI card in his sig, it can't be...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAJHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Last edited:

dzoner

Banned
Feb 21, 2010
For me, Charlie is a fun novelty, and I often find his posts rather amusing. I don't care about his bias or "hate" simply because I'm an individual well capable of thinking and drawing conclusions so I treat his way of criticizing nVidia ("Dear Leader", "habitual values", etc.) as a flavor that makes reading quite fun sometimes, although it's not always appropriate and often exaggerated.

As for credibility, well, he's semi-accurate, and the site name fits. I take everything he writes with a grain of salt since he's been wrong quite a few times. However, his Fermi info, while exaggerated, proves that he IS indeed well informed and certainly has an inside source @ nV.

No question that I'm going to continue reading his "nonsesne" - it's often at least partially correct, and it's fun, too, even if his style is slowly getting old.

A+++

railven

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2010
I personally forgot how I stumbled across Charlie. I found his writing style amusing especially the whole Fermin story haha.

I don't post his info as a reference for anything, but from my reading and understand he seems to know something. Maybe to not expose his sources he plays with the numbers or what not, but he definitely has a source - to many coincidents if you ask me.

I'll keep reading his stuff, just like I read all other sources and then just form my own opinion.

Seero

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2009
Different people have different opinion on different things. Some like Charlie's opinion, some don't, which are all fine. However, Charlie's words are bares no weight and whatever he said have no reference other than his so called "inside source".
Charlie is fine, those who quoted him as if he is some reliable source is not.