Your favortie radio station.

yobarman

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
Does the radio suck around your way? Thank god for the internet cause I can finally listen to some stations I like that I don't get around this way.

In philly we have some pretty crappy radio stations.
97.5, 102.1 - Pop at it's finest, the epitamy of crap.
94.1, 93.3 The same rock songs over and over and over...
98.9, 103.9 ... don't get me wrong I like rap and all but these stations suck too.
100.3 Some good songs (radiohead, weezer) every once in a while..but rare.

So with the wonderful world of the internet at my finger tips I can get cool stations like Digital 102.7 which services southern NJ. These guys actually play good music.. and it isn't the same crap over and over. Something original off the CD or whatever.

Anyway, this i guess I'm just being nostalgic. I listened to this station all the time in at the jersey shore...now all my friends are down there and im stuck here. Just bringing back some memories.

yobarman

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
yeah k-rock is pretty bad ass. i was gonna mention it cause it's hardcore.. all that cursing and all.. .don't get any of that in philly :|

Siva

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2001
I live in the same area as you yobarman. I have to say that almost all of the stations here are crap. I'll listen to 93.3 and y100, but that's about it. PST and Q102 are the absolute worst stations ever, with 103.9 and power 99 coming in a close second ;)

Siva

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2001
WDRE, now there was a pretty good station. Nothing good is left though, I think y100 plays schism sometimes, but that's what I've got mp3s for.

ace31216

Golden Member
May 22, 2001
In nothern california... i think Wild 94.9 has the best DJ mixes. In southern california, i think 102.7 KIIS plays the best hits.

yobarman

Lifer
Jan 11, 2001
Siva this sucks. We need a revolution. I'm sick of this crap music when I'm driving in my car. Sometimes I get so frustrated I'll listen to commercials. This is crap man. I feel like Matt Pinfield at the end of the Limp Bizkit album (Significant Other)

Siva do you think there's anything we can do?! Start a petition for disgruntled Philadelphians?

Siva

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2001

<< Siva do you think there's anything we can do?! Start a petition for disgruntled Philadelphians? >>

Disgruntled southjersian here

I doubt there's anything anyone can do. The good ol' alt/hard rock is being replaced by pop sh!t that isn't fit to be heard by the deaf! I say we slash some of the DJs tires then start making demands ;):D

Siva

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2001
I don't seem to get them here. I'm pretty close to philly, only half hour away, so I guess I'm out of their range :(

mithrandir2001

Diamond Member
May 1, 2001
yobarman - I don't know how willing you are to listen to some diverse/obscure music, but 88.5 WXPN in Philadelphia is worth a few listens. They tend to fall into the folksy singer-songwriter pit now and then, but sometimes they'll surprise you with a nice underground college rock nugget. They are non-commercial, so they don't have playlists (that I know of) and don't have many interrupting advertisements.

I hear you with the rest of your assessments. For such a large city and surrounding area, Philly radio sucks.