Your favorite games of 2015?

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
Generally-speaking (all platforms considered) I'd say that 2015 has been a great and successful year for video gaming. In my opinion it'd be no exaggeration to say that it has been the best year in a very long time, and that it belongs in the list of the memorable ones such as '96/'97/'98, 2004 and 2007.

I've played a good bunch of the games released this year (and own many of them) and even though I haven't finished them all I'm confident that I know by now which ones I preferred.

On the PC platform, my personal top five list is:

1) The Witcher III: Wild Hunt (still haven't completed it, but it is absolutely obvious as I play it that it was made by a loving and dedicated team, and their work paid off)
2) Fallout 4 (and I know this game will become phenomenal in a year from now when the mods for it grow in number and complexity)
3) Ori and the Blind Forest (superb 2D/2.5D platforming game that I honestly never expected to enjoy that much, the visuals and atmosphere alone took me by surprise)
4) Heroes of the Storm ("I'll probably never play a MOBA game.", is something I remember telling myself as recently as just last year, then one day I was bored and decided to give HotS a try; let's just say that it may be the only title of its genre that I play but I really enjoy it now)
5) Mortal Kombat X (I was hesitant for months with MKX but decided to buy it just this month and now I'm glad I did, it truly is fun and just as "typical MK" as it could ever be; not to mention that I was pleasantly surprised by its 'campaign''s story-telling. Truly, since the 2011 MK reboot, along with Injustice, even considering MK Vs. DC, and now with MKX I'd say that having a campaign in fighting games is giving the genre a welcomed new layer of complexity)

And, as far as consoles go, I'll have to give my GOTY to Super Mario Maker (really, Nintendo still has its way with the grown up child inside me).

How about you guys?

Last edited:

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
My top ten games that came out this year are:

Witcher 3
Divinity Enhanced Edition (It counts!!!)
Cities Skyline
Kerbel
Talos Principle
Rebel Galaxy
Dying Light
SOMA
MGSV
Pillars of Eternity

I only included games that I've played or have watched a friend play. I still want to play Undertale, Beginner's Guide, and Hacknet.

I noticed Marion Maker was getting a lot of attention. I don't have any real nostalgic connection with Mario. It was fun when I was young, but I don't care anything about that world any more. The rational part of me is surprised to see so many people get excited about a level maker especially putting it so high on their lists, but I chalk it up to them recapturing some of their childhood and that is pretty priceless when it works.

BSim500

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2013
- SOMA was a big step forward for Frictional Games. Felt like a new Penumbra in a Bioshock 1 setting.
- Divinity Original Sin: EE. You could tell how much effort Larian put into getting things nailed down perfectly.
- Pillars of Eternity. I just love "old school" RPG's.
- The Talos Principle came out Dec 2014, but the DLC (Road to Gehenna) was 2015, so I'll add that as a fourth.

Other than above, I actually spent most of the year "backlog clearing" older stuff.

Naer

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2013
star ruler 2

Last edited by a moderator:

ShintaiDK

Lifer
Apr 22, 2012
Elite Dangerous Horizons (2in1).
Fallout 4.
Total War Atilla.
Witcher 3.

Last edited:

pathos

Aug 12, 2009
Divinity Original Sin EE
Pillars of Eternity

Pretty much just these 2

Eventually I'll get around and buy/play Fallout 4, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it. But, since I haven't bought it yet, it doesn't count.

haroldgreen

Banned
Jan 4, 2016
My most favorite games of 2015 are:
1. The Witcher 3
2. Call of Duty: Black Ops III
3. Rebel Galaxy

Last edited by a moderator:

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
The first one is PC so sorry, but

1: Bloodborne
2: Ori and the Bling forest
3: Alien Isolation

I was bored to death with Fallout 4 and just could not get into the combat of Witcher 3

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Fallout 4, but I'm a sucker for Bethesda RPGs. I had a hard time getting into Witcher 3. I'll try starting a new game one of these days.

MeldarthX

Golden Member
May 8, 2010
Shadowrun: Hong Kong by far.....

Witcher 3 second; then Fallout 4......and Elder Scrolls Online :)

DefDC

Golden Member
Aug 28, 2003
Fallout 4
Witcher 3
Pillars of Eternity

With those time sinks, I haven't had time for much else... :)

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Soma was interesting. The ending seemed a bit weak but it was pretty decent overall.
-
One game not mentioned above but I thought was actually pretty good was wasteland 2 DC version which was a significant improvement over the non DC (director cut).
-
Of the ones mentioned above DOS:EE was good but the story still lacks - just that the mechanics are fun. Wasteland story is much better (not the premise or plot but the cohesiveness of the story telling)
-
I've not yet played witcher 3, hong-kong or replayed pillars since the expansion was added though I have all three so I don't want to comment yet. Dyling light was suppose to be good ahven't played it.
-
Another game that was a lot of fun was the new wolfenstein. It was short but a short blast :)