Your Daily Gun Thread

KB

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 1999

I have seen a lot of people posting pics of their new toys so I figured I would post a pic of my new tactical improvements to my AK:

img002.jpg

*Pistol grip
*Scope
*Telescoping stock
*Quad front rail
*Front grip

Danman

Lifer
Nov 9, 1999
Very nice, quick question for you. I'm looking at buying an AK47 and modding it just like you did, kind of a "zombie/shit-hits-the-fan" rifle. When you started doing this, did you buy a complete AK or did you just buy the receiver? Any suggestions here? I'm looking at doing this ASAP, so I'm curious on how I should proceed.

Feb 24, 2001
Buy a complete. Tools for an AK build will run $500+ if you don't already have them. Unless you plan on building 5+, buy them.

Danman

Lifer
Nov 9, 1999
Originally posted by: BrunoPuntzJones
Buy a complete. Tools for an AK build will run $500+ if you don't already have them. Unless you plan on building 5+, buy them.

Recommendations for buying one online? Do you think the Romanian ones are fine for adding new furniture to?

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
I have a Lee Enfield in the mail.. I really need to go shooting. Plan on buying a nice M1 real soon too. Been waiting on a check for a while.

Feb 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Danman

Recommendations for buying one online? Do you think the Romanian ones are fine for adding new furniture to?

All the sub $400 ones I've tinkered with are about the same. Romanians, Yugos, etc. Most are built by Century Arms and do the job fine.

For top of the line AKs:

Red Jacket

Arsenal

If you aren't wanting to blow $1000 or so:

Vector

May 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Danman

I prefer pretty much anything to the Romanians. I have a Hungarian SA-85, and an Arsenal Bulgarian SLR-95. I need to sell the SA-85, never even fired it. Just bought it when they were re-banned under Clinton and the local K-Mart had a bunch of them in stock at regular price, while the prices were skyrocketing elsewhere.

Yes, our K-Mart sold AK-47s.

Arsenal