Youngest = Least Spoiled?

v3rrv3

Golden Member
May 26, 2002
Does this happen often or is my dad a fvck tard? =/ All of a sudden today we get to talking and he acts like it's no surprise he tells me I have to buy my own car(which has to be to his standards), pay gas and insurance as well as first 2 years of college. I don't mean to sound spoiled but wtf? He did it for 7 other kids and it's not like we're poor.

- Kevin

PS No I didn't want that all to begin with, I actually wanted to buy my car until he became retarded.

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
I think the youngest is most spoiled

But since you're the youngest, I'd say maybe he realized from the others its best if you buy your own.

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
Originally posted by: AgaBooga
I think the youngest is most spoiled

But since you're the youngest, I'd say maybe he realized from the others its best if you buy your own.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Youngest is most spoiled.
Hell, my parents actually refer to me as "The Spoiled Child."
Basically, my older brother was spoiled before I was born.
I was spoiled after he left for college, when I was old enough to actually appreciate it.

Konigin

Platinum Member
Jan 21, 2003
Oldest is the most spoiled, by the time parents get to the younger kids, they are tired of doing things for them.

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Originally posted by: CrazyPerson
depends on the parents...

True, but I think in the majority of the scheme of things, the youngest are most spoiled. I was spoiled till my brother came along. In a way I guess I could be considered the spoiled one, but my parents are pretty lenient with him in terms of punishment.

middle is LEAST spoiled. We are never the first ones to do things, and we arent the baby. Oh well, they made all the mistakes on the first one.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
I was the youngest in my family, but I would say we're equally spoiled. Just the older ones maybe where more verbal about it :p

shopbruin

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2000
youngest in my family are the most spoiled.

although, by then, most parents are tired of fighting and give in.

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
Honestly, my parents did an excellent job at keeping things even. I think my sister is more spoiled and she thinks I'm more spoiled, so I think it's pretty even. :)

ZV

ryzmah

Feb 17, 2003
Youngest are often the most spoiled - the oldest are often spoiled as well, but sometimes they get the harshest punishment. Off-gender kids are spoiled too (by off-gender, I mean the girl in a family with four sons and one daughter and similar situations).

Ness

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2002
As the youngest of two I see advantages and disadvantages.

They learned from my brother's mistakes and limited me to prevent me from making the same ones. But at the same time they had already been through things once, so I never really got in trouble for much. And now that my brother is self-sufficent, I get more help from them as far as school and insurance goes.

Your father is probably just pushing you to be more independant. I'm sure that if something went wrong he'd be there for you, though.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Konigin
Oldest is the most spoiled, by the time parents get to the younger kids, they are tired of doing things for them.

I would agree with this assessment, although this can also vary greatly depending on the nature of the family.

My sister is five years older than me, just graduated law school (I am in my third and possibly final year of undergrad, then law school). My parents have been divorced for almost 13 years; I've always lived with my mother, my sister's always lived with my dad (the considerably more wealthy one).

For my sister, my mom and dad paid for three years of undergrad (combined about $36,000), my dad bought her a car both in high school and college, and supported her during law school.

For me, my mom has paid for one year of undergrad and allowed me to use her minivan; everything else has been provided solely by me. I am also looking at facing law school completely on my own.

Of course, both my parents are nearing retirement (both late 50's), so I have to take that into account as well. There is a bit of bad blood, however, stemming from other issues that have manifested themselves in this manner.

Cat13

Golden Member
Nov 14, 1999
I would have to say youngest is most spoiled. I come to this conclusion because my wife is the youngest of 4 children and I am paying (literally) for how much her parents spoiled her!

CTrain

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2001
Youngest is definately the most spoiled. Heres the reasoning....

Most parents know when there last kid will be and since they know they wont have anymore kids, they will give their un-divided attention to the last kid.

gwlam12

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2001
i am the youngest. i am teh only child in the family who got a new car. my parents spoil me, yes. but whether or not i am actualy spoiled, thats a different matter.

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
I'm the youngest. One older brother. I'd say I'm less spoiled.

I get only the hand me downs.