You'll never believe how bad I ripped off an 83 yr old woman today

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Goosemaster
The fact is that if this is true, ripping off an old lady counts as a good day for you.

You decide whether or not that is a good thing.
It is a fact of life that ripping someone off IS a good day for many car salespeople - they call it 'maximizing profit' and often rationalize "If I don't take advantage of her, someone else will."

Law of the jungle.

. . . and find the thread this one is parodying (I like this one better) :p

:D

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
i have reason to believe this is a parody - but i cant find the original thread - therefore this thread is pointless.
Also, not funny at all. 0/10

Freejack2

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
That's nothing, I work at Bob & Neil's Nissan and we had this rich kid who couldn't count to 10 on his fingers.

So he starts talking about the 350z, take him on a test drive in the most expensive model and he's sold.
So next I start pointing out add-ons and he takes damn near everything. He was a little stubborn on the extended warranty but I got him for a 6 year/75k warranty for $9k.

So I'm looking at a big fat paycheck and I figure what the hell, lets go for broke. I ask him what he can pay a month. The idiot answers $1200. I just grin and tell him that I think we just might be able to that.

Now I get his info and go to the manager to get the deal run. I hold my breath on the credit check. If he doesn't have the credit, odds are his daddy will have to co-sign and that means at the very least it won't be as sweet a deal as it is now.

However the manager grins at me and gives me the thumbs up. I go back and tell him it took some work but I was able to get him the car for $1200 a month for 72 months. Most people would go ballistic at this point but this dummy just says ok and signs!

Man I can't wait to see my commission check.

Freejack2

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
Damn it, his daddy came in today yelling and screaming. Kept my job but my commission check is going to be a lot smaller. :(