hellod9

Sep 16, 2007
I am writing this because your life is at stake. Don't believe me? Think about the concrete facts of your life. Think about the most limited resource in your life. It is not food, or friends, or money, or shelter, or gas, or anything like that. It is the one things that you can neither create nor destroy. It is constantly disappearing. The moment you die, there will be none of it left. It is leaving you -- this most valuable resource. And someday, it will be gone.

That is why your life is at stake. That is why so many people commit passive suicide. It is because they kill their time. Yes, time. Do you have control over your time? Do you kill your time doing pointless things you hate? Then you are killing yourself. Do you kill yourself with your job? Do you kill yourself by wasting your life(time) on forums?

Yesterday I lost my life to wandering on the internet. That part of me is dead now. Never to return. It is wasted completely.

I am sitting in a cafe right now, looking at the city street outside. There is a yellowing of the shadows as the sunlight gives way to streetlamps. An intermittent stream of cars flows by...sedans, suvs, station wagons.

I enjoy the way their tail-lights reflect, red in the wet concrete of the road.

Oil

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2005
Gas is constantly leaving me, is that what you are referring to?

tasmanian

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2006
Did you know that as soon as you are born you start dieing. You never stop until you finally keel over.

venkman

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2007
I was listening to some very somber sounding orchestral music as I read your post. It helped the effect and made me take a second before I disregarded it as pretentious drivel. ;)

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
you lost your life to wandering on the internet yesterday?

what did you do, hook up with some funky broad from Craigslist?

did you catch teh herp, son?

Foxery

Golden Member
Jan 24, 2008
Health is the slowest rate at which one can die.

Sometimes I'm okay with living life slowly. :)

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: hellod9
I am writing this because your life is at stake. Don't believe me? Think about the concrete facts of your life. Think about the most limited resource in your life. It is not food, or friends, or money, or shelter, or gas, or anything like that. It is the one things that you can neither create nor destroy. It is constantly disappearing. The moment you die, there will be none of it left. It is leaving you -- this most valuable resource. And someday, it will be gone.

That is why your life is at stake. That is why so many people commit passive suicide. It is because they kill their time. Yes, time. Do you have control over your time? Do you kill your time doing pointless things you hate? Then you are killing yourself. Do you kill yourself with your job? Do you kill yourself by wasting your life(time) on forums?

Yesterday I lost my life to wandering on the internet. That part of me is dead now. Never to return. It is wasted completely.

I am sitting in a cafe right now, looking at the city street outside. There is a yellowing of the shadows as the sunlight gives way to streetlamps. An intermittent stream of cars flows by...sedans, suvs, station wagons.

I think you're looking for the emo poetry forum.

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
If I had a genie I can think of a few things that would be cool. My first wish would be that everyone would have a functional penis attached to their left wrist. My second wish would be that everyone had a vagina in the usual place. I'm not really sure about my third wish. It's a toss up between wishing for seven primary colors instead of three, or wishing that you can divide by zero. Both would be pretty cool, but I'm leaning more toward the extra colors. That way everyone could look at the psychadelic lightshow as they had fun with their new genetalia. It's just my way of giving something back to the world. Think about what it would mean. Crime would drop to nothing overnight. Problems like depression and anxiety disorders would go away. No one would ever be bored. No one would ever kill themselves, or feel sorry for themselves. Saying, "Go screw yourself" would no longer be an insult, but an affectionate way of saying goodbye. Mountain Dew would be available in a variety of fruity new colors. In short, in would be the Golden Age of mankind, and I would be its herald. In some primitive tribes, I would be worshipped as a god. All would love me!

But if I wished for that divide by zero thing, then that funky proof where one equals two would work. What would that mean for the universe? Would one being two depend on your perspective? Maybe we could all perform miracles like feeding a million people with one crumb of bread because we could turn each crumb into two over and over again. That would be cool, and a useful thing to have access to in a world where everyone is humping themselves all day long because no one would feel like working anymore. But we would lose all the funky colors and the fruity new Mountain Dew. Choices, choices!

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
Oh those erasers. And all that chalk dust. Such a waste. Pity. :laugh:

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Evadman
If I had a genie I can think of a few things that would be cool. My first wish would be that everyone would have a functional penis attached to their left wrist. My second wish would be that everyone had a vagina in the usual place.

Everyone had a vagina in the usual place? So where is the "usual place" for a guy's vagina? I'm kind of lost on that one.

:D

Agentbolt

Diamond Member
Jul 9, 2004
Originally posted by: meltdown75
you lost your life to wandering on the internet yesterday?

what did you do, hook up with some funky broad from Craigslist?

did you catch teh herp, son?

For the last time it's a cold sore NOW LEAVE ME ALOOOOONE!!!!!! :(

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003

You're right...I could be watching American Idol right now. :roll:

I could watch tail-lights reflecting in wet concrete for oh...about 10 seconds.

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
I think the point is that if you actually read his post you wasted 20s of your life. Good thing I read it in 5 ;)

bobsmith1492

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2004
Heh, I waste about 25% of my time sleeping, 25% of my time bumming around on the net, 10% doing menial stuff (shopping, eating, bathing), and the rest doing... work, mostly. Sometimes I do something interesting too. Yes most of my life is a waste. Are you happy now, HUH?? ARE YOU HAPPY?!?? *cries*

hellod9

Sep 16, 2007
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus

You're right...I could be watching American Idol right now. :roll:

I could watch tail-lights reflecting in wet concrete for oh...about 10 seconds.

that's about how long I usually do that. Sometimes longer, but only because I am letting my do its work. Uhuh.

American Idol is not a waste of time!

hellod9

Sep 16, 2007
Originally posted by: Spartan Niner
I think the point is that if you actually read his post you wasted 20s of your life. Good thing I read it in 5 ;)

someone finally understands!

hahahaaa.

Cattlegod

Diamond Member
May 22, 2001

(Yoooouuuu!)
Soulja boy I tell 'em
Hey I got a new dance fo you all called the soulja boy
(Yoooouuuu!)
You gotta punch then crank back three times from left to right
(Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh yeeeeaaaah!)

[Chorus: x2]
Soulja boy off in this hoe
Watch me crank it
Watch me roll
Watch me crank that soulja boy
Then super man that hoe
Now watch me you
(crank that soulja boy)
Now watch me you
(crank that soulja boy)
Now watch me you
(crank that soulja boy)
Now watch me you
(crank that soulja boy)

[Verse 1:]
Soulja boy off in this hoe
Watch me lean and watch me rock
Super man that hoe
Then watch me crank that Robocop
Super fresh, now watch me jock
Jocking on them haters man
When I do that soulja boy
I lean to the left and crank that thang
(now you)
I'm jocking on your bitch ass
And if we get the fighting
Then I'm cocking on your bitch ass
You catch me at your local party
Yes I crank it everyday
Haters getting mad cause
"I got me some bathing apes"

[Chorus x2]

[Verse 2:]
I'm bouncing on my toe
Watch me super soak that hoe
I'm gonna pass it to Arab
Then he's gonna pass it to don loc (loc)
Haters wanna be me
Soulja boy, I'm the man
They be looking at my neck
Saying it's the rubber band man (man)
Watch me do it (watch me do it)
Dance (dance)
Let get to it (let get to it)
Nope, you can't do it like me
Hoe, so don't do it like me
Folk, I see you tryna do it like me
Man that shit was ugly

[Chorus x4]