^%&* you, you &$*%ing $%#@-rag

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Ok maybe it's the fact that I have several thousand :))) songs on Napster, but about five times a day, people message me with these private messages telling me how much of an <insert insult here> I am for cutting them off of their download. Now I don't REALLY cut people off, but I have a crappy upload speed and cable modem, so sometimes transfer errors just happen.

These people who message me must be little pre-adolescent 12 year olds on their daddy's laptop, and they just learned the meaning of &quot;fuck,&quot; because they tend to use it on an average of 19.3 times each sentence. Here's one I just got today:

<drae69> fmyhidgyukgyehdkfhgkfdshsdgjfsjfdjfdjdfjfdjurdtujgclugfjiytjtdhrstuujuhgfghdjhgjfdhgsuhgfwrehgshghrwhshfshfsehfjkhfkjsdhfsdhfshfsdhfjshfjsdhfjshfjshfjgrfjdfjkhfuehfrdsjhfduferfdjsf
<konich> ?
<drae69> what
<drae69> what the f*ck you want i love you
<drae69> f*ck you to
<konich> what???
<drae69> what the f*ck you keep saying what for g*d damn your anoying as hell whyd you cut me off that song you f*cking pecker head
<konich> look I have about 2000 songs, I don't even pay attention to people downloading from me.
<konich> so sorry, but I didn't cut you off, sometimes Transfer Errors just happen
<konich> but trying to be all cool and mature by saying as many swear words as you can fit in one sentence isn't really impressing me
<drae69> sock my big coch b*tch
<konich> nice spelling too
<drae69> i thout so to bitch
<konich> hmm...okay, you're an idiot
<drae69> shut the f*ck up you dont even know what f*cking idiot is
<konich> LOL
<konich> go away
<drae69> ok good i love you

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
You gotta admit, that is pretty funny.

Even my mouth isn't that bad normally, except after car wrecks...

Viper GTS

zippy

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 1999
Sounds like you should limit people to downloading 1 song at a time from you. That way, you get 25-30 downloads from you maximum...the most I've had download from me at once was 22. I have the limit at 3 songs/person and I have 600 MP3s.

zippy

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 1999
Sluggo, what are you talking about?

It's generally the republicans that have speech impediments. ;) I don't think there are many politicians that would have the balls to swear publically anyway. ;)

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
I don't think there are many politicians that would have the balls to swear publically anyway.

Look up Wes Cooley... There was a nice picture of him giving news reporters the finger after it was discovered he lied in his voter's guide statement.

:D

Viper GTS

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
Damn.. I get that a lot.. especially when some guy starts downloading a 90MB+ mp3 off of me at 2k/s and I cut them off..

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
He might have just been a stressed out Florida election official. So for sure a Democrat :)

Cknyc

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
I would never share all my mp3's. It would bog down my line. I just share about 150 songs with max of one song per user. It works pretty well. I still do get transfer errors. My dsl is limited to only 15kupl.

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000
You can disable people from being able to download stuff from you.

I don't know if it's in all versions, but in beta 7 (I hate this damn version - too bloated, but I can't find a place to download an older one), you can set max. simultaneous uploads to 0, and no one can get songs from you. I haven't had to listen to one stupid pre-adolescent whining moron yet.

ATLien247

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000
Can't you be a little more sympathetic, konichiwa? I mean, the poor ol' guy is stuck using dial-up... 14.4k no less... and you go and cut him off at 98% completion. If I were in his place, I'd be telling you to &quot;sock my big coch b*tch&quot; too! ;)

palad

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2000
I just have dial-up access, and one of the free ones, at that, so you know what my connections are usually like. I don't think ANYONE has ever successfully downloaded from me, it keeps coming up with transfer errors.

Oct 9, 1999
there is no way to set it to &quot;0&quot; for upload in napster. However you can have it point to another directory as your shared directory for download's and uploads. Keep your main MP3's somewhere else..

Once you got what you want move them to your master mp3 directory.
that is what I do.

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000

<< there is no way to set it to &quot;0&quot; for upload in napster >>

If you don't believe me, I'll post some screenshots in a few minutes. Trust me, it's possible to disable uploads.

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
<<sock my big coch b*tch>>

I think he meant conch shell! Ahhh!

I DO have it set to 1 upload/person, but I still get (constantly) 10-30 uploads at a time. I guess I'll just put it at 0. I'll post some more &quot;conversations&quot; if I get them. ;)

prodigy

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
To prevents problems such as these which although humorous, can also be annoying at times; I just set my &quot;share&quot; directory to the same one as my &quot;download&quot; directory. Therefore I am never sharing more than 10 songs at a time.

somethingwitty

Golden Member
Aug 1, 2000
actually, you can disable uploading in napster. just go to prefs. then sharing, and set max. simultaneous uploads per user to 0.

pretender-I have the setup file for ver. 6 of napster somewhere on my system or on a cd-PM me if you'd like me to find it/send to you. just a warning though, they may force you to upgrade-i'm not sure?

The Dancing Peacock

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999
You can set the max downloads to 0, but you can only do it on beta 5 I thought. And not anything newer. I tried to do it for my friends on beta 6 and couldn't get it to work, but somethingwitty says you can do it.

I have my beta 5 installed and it works just fine, never gotten any notice to upgrade it or anything.

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
Wow... Maybe I should set it to 0 to not hear these complaints anymore from people trying to upload.. or maybe I'll just move all the mp3s I d/l into a different folder. :)