You would not believe what happened at my workplace the night before last, omg!

sinucus

Feb 3, 2004
Sucks to be you, called out and missed a blood bath AND a free trip to NY? Only thing that happens when I call out sick is my email gets backlogged. Maybe I can stir some $*#& up between the bean counters, a little souped up Swingline and some of these office-supply ninja stars will get the ball rolling.

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003
I'd be finding another job the second something like that happened. Mostly because, if my boss were that much of a violent alcoholic, I would have little faith in the company's competence and lose all respect for them. I had a hard enough time thinking that people at my previous job were professionals when they would show up on weekdays with massive hangovers.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
At a place where I did an internship, the VP of Sales came back from lunch staggering drunk one day. The President confronted him in the reception area, voices were raised, and the President punched the drunk VP right in the face. He slumped to the floor and couldn't get up.

That was the VP's last day working there.

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003
Originally posted by: kranky
At a place where I did an internship, the VP of Sales came back from lunch staggering drunk one day. The President confronted him in the reception area, voices were raised, and the President punched the drunk VP right in the face. He slumped to the floor and couldn't get up.

That was the VP's last day working there.

And then the VP filed a lawsuit because of the punch, I hope. Who punches an employee? Sorry, that's just ridiculous.