You think Chief Justice Roberts intentionally made Obama mess up reciting the oath?

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Roberts paused slightly, and Obama began to recite. Then Roberts began speaking again at the same time.

At the next passage, Roberts didnt put a pause in that long section, thus Obama didnt remember the words.

Tin foil Hat ACTIVATE!

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
It's a vast conspiracy so that later Obama can go back and say 'If you look at the tape I actually did NOT swear to those ideals.'

filetitan

Jul 9, 2005
Originally posted by: Fingolfin269
It's a vast conspiracy so that later Obama can go back and say 'If you look at the tape I actually did NOT swear to those ideals.'

lol

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Originally posted by: JEDI
Roberts paused slightly, and Obama began to recite. Then Roberts began speaking again at the same time.

At the next passage, Roberts didnt put a pause in that long section, thus Obama didnt remember the words.

Tin foil Hat ACTIVATE!

I think Roberts was just nervous. But Fox News will never make the story "Roberts fucked up"

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Fingolfin269

:laugh:

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Roberts probably has crappy phone number rhythm too.

"22 . . . 155532 . . . . 182 . . . 3233"

"Uhhh, Roberts? I think I got like 12 digits there, WTF?!"

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Roberts probably has crappy phone number rhythm too.

"22 . . . 155532 . . . . 182 . . . 3233"

"Uhhh, Roberts? I think I got like 12 digits there, WTF?!"

Did I hear a 9'r in there?

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
It's okay. 8 years of liberal SCOTUS appointments will be payback enough.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006

Tin foil Hat ACTIVATE!

Roberts proudly carrying on the tradition of Bushisms? Can't let late night TV run out of material.

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
Originally posted by: blackangst1
I need to get transcript of the exact 1st Obamaism...did he complete the oath?

I think the better question is, "Which oath did he complete?"

His ... the Constitution ... or Roberts

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005

That will be hard because him and his wife will be too busy living like a rock star for the next 4 years instead of working.

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
they both screwed up....

1. Obama jumped in before Roberts was done the first line: Fault Obama

2. Roberts put ?faithfully? in wrong spot and Obama stopped and looked confused: Fault Roberts

D1gger

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2004

Tin foil Hat ACTIVATE!

Here is a more clear account of what actually happened:

Separated by a Bible used by Abraham Lincoln at his first inaugural, Roberts asked Obama: "Are you prepared to take the oath, Senator?"

The former Illinois senator indicated he was, and Roberts started reciting ? and Obama repeating ? the 35-word oath that is prescribed by the Constitution.

But at one point, Obama paused abruptly after Roberts reversed several words in the oath.

The oath includes the phrase "that I will faithfully execute the office of president of the United States" but Roberts didn't say "faithfully" until after saying "president of the United States."

Obama apparently realized that something was out of order.

With Obama not reciting, Roberts then repeated the phrase correctly, the brief awkward moment ended and Obama was back on track.

Link

Feb 6, 2007
Who cares? It was an amusing little mistake; laugh at it and move on. In the grand scheme of things, it means exactly nothing.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999

404 No Obamaism found.

ONLY because Obama realized Robert's mistake and paused to let him correct himself did Obama complete the oath, uh, faithfully . . . but nice try, troll.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Perknose

404 No Obamaism found.

ONLY because Obama realized Robert's mistake and paused to let him correct himself did Obama complete the oath, uh, faithfully . . . but nice try, troll.
First official President Obama fluffing/apologism by Perknose! ;)