You need to make only $55,000 per day - that's it!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 29, 2006
Only 55k/day? With my ATOT money i can cover each days expenditure after my first hour of work. Not bad. I'll think about it.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Oh my bad, I guess I just imagined you said the things you said in your post that I quoted where you said such things.
Oh, no, I insist that I’m the one who is bad. It’s vital to me that I inject my ego into this argument and make it a contest. I am the one after all who has raised the importance of feels. I must be the one who has the greatest emotional baggage on the table. I must be the one most deeply offended. This is all about my personal emotional experience. Don’t you dare try to suggest that any deaf, dumb, blind, and stupid reaction you just denied having committed could ever affect you anything like it would affect me. I am the bad one. I am the one who does ‘sin’.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The fact the Russians cultivated divisiveness has no effect on whether Sanders or Clinton had the best chance in the general. Had Sanders won there would have been a lot of Clinton babies who would have stayed home. What would you say about that?

I doubt that. It wasn't an ordinary election. The alternative was Trump. How anybody came to the conclusion that Hillary was worse is beyond my comprehension.

Noah Abrams

Golden Member
Feb 15, 2018
So there was this protest in CA where they made cardboard cutouts of all lawmakers and the governor and placed them outside the state house.

--
“Everyone knows politics are corrupt, but no one knows what to do about it. We wanted to go to California’s seat of power and say, ‘the system is broken, these politicians have been bought, and we are serious about changing things,’” Neighborhood Leigslature’s Andrew Sears wrote in an email to The Huffington Post. “Hundreds of people saw it yesterday and many were actually emotionally moved by it. It’s a powerful image to see — those people charged with safeguarding our state in the pockets of powerful special interests. Who is looking after us?”
---

11924763_457348024437819_8335993673832107226_n.jpg

11914014_457346641104624_1170141023174532458_n.jpg

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/lawmakers-nascar-logos_us_55df381fe4b08dc09486ac68

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
You can thank Citizens United and the Republican majority that wrote it and other corporatist rulings.

Noah Abrams

Golden Member
Feb 15, 2018
How's the swamp draining going?

??? You are probably mistaking me as some supporter of the vile one. I know attaching labels to people and things is what we do instinctively. Makes life easier, even if it makes us all the more ignorant and closes the door to learning.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
You can thank Citizens United and the Republican majority that wrote it and other corporatist rulings.

Look, if you keep pointing out that there are real, substantive differences between the two parties you’re going to ruin the #bothsides-ing for everyone.

How is anyone supposed to sound smart about things they don’t understand if they don’t have the refuge of pretending that people preferring a political party is the problem instead of... you know... one of those political parties being the problem?

Reactions: senseamp

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Gaaaaawd!! You guys are so deep into the river of denial that you don't even know it. Like a fish doesn't know a world without water.
Do you claim the law irrelevant or that it didn't passed 5 conservatives against 4 liberals in the supreme court? Do you believe there will be change so long as the law stays on the books?

Reactions: dank69

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Gaaaaawd!! You guys are so deep into the river of denial that you don't even know it. Like a fish doesn't know a world without water.

How is Citizen's United not part of the problem? How was it not basically decided on ideological grounds by scotus?

Your ignorance of how we are where we are is stupefying.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
??? You are probably mistaking me as some supporter of the vile one. I know attaching labels to people and things is what we do instinctively. Makes life easier, even if it makes us all the more ignorant and closes the door to learning.

Rules of modern political game were written by the Republican party. If you want Democrats to unilaterally surrender, then GOP vermin on SCOTUS will continue to degrade this country.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Citizen's United was a major piece of the money puzzle and that was decidedly a Republican thing.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Never Trumper?

Noah Abrams

Golden Member
Feb 15, 2018
Rules of modern political game were written by the Republican party. If you want Democrats to unilaterally surrender, then GOP vermin on SCOTUS will continue to degrade this country.

That sounds suspiciously similar to the Vietnam line - we need to destroy this village to save it. Of course we have been doing this both internationally and internally in the country

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
That sounds suspiciously similar to the Vietnam line - we need to destroy this village to save it. Of course we have been doing this both internationally and internally in the country

Is this how it is going to be all summer till school starts again for you?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

You'd burn all the villages. Because they're all just as bad.

Noah Abrams

Golden Member
Feb 15, 2018
So unilateral surrender it is?

Firstly, I do not for a moment believe the people in charge of D party are any better or "good-er" than the R party, at the most fundamental level. Schummer or Harry Reid or Ryan or whoever - they are the same inside with different outward labels. And some of them may even believe these labels themselves. Just might.

But back to the topic of money and performing oral services to the moneyed class, Bernie has shown that it doesn't have to be this way. There is always a way, if there is a sincerity of purpose. Which almost no leader in America has, because the leader is just a reflection of the country at large. Of myself too

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Oh, no, I insist that I’m the one who is bad. It’s vital to me that I inject my ego into this argument and make it a contest. I am the one after all who has raised the importance of feels. I must be the one who has the greatest emotional baggage on the table. I must be the one most deeply offended. This is all about my personal emotional experience. Don’t you dare try to suggest that any deaf, dumb, blind, and stupid reaction you just denied having committed could ever affect you anything like it would affect me. I am the bad one. I am the one who does ‘sin’.

Well you certainly didn't address my point and you in fact made it personal. And when I pointed out your failed logic you did the, "who me" routine and deflected once again. But you do go on with your straw man argument about being against people having feelings.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Firstly, I do not for a moment believe the people in charge of D party are any better or "good-er" than the R party, at the most fundamental level. Schummer or Harry Reid or Ryan or whoever - they are the same inside with different outward labels. And some of them may even believe these labels themselves. Just might.

But back to the topic of money and performing oral services to the moneyed class, Bernie has shown that it doesn't have to be this way. There is always a way, if there is a sincerity of purpose. Which almost no leader in America has, because the leader is just a reflection of the country at large. Of myself too

Who cares what politicians think in their heart of hearts? What matters is what they do, and the things the two parties do are dramatically different from one another.

It doesn't take a genius to see that #bothsides is ridiculous nonsense, it just takes even a casual acquaintance with US history and public policy.

Noah Abrams

Golden Member
Feb 15, 2018
Is this how it is going to be all summer till school starts again for you?

If we were all like seven year olds, the world would be such a better place. Think about it. Actually don't think about it. Just try to be like a 7 year old for a few minutes. You may see glimpses of what you have lost, what I have lost

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

Perhaps you should examine why you "don't for a moment believe the people in charge of D party are any better or 'good-er' than the R party" in the face of overwhelming evidence that says otherwise.

Noah Abrams

Golden Member
Feb 15, 2018
Perhaps you should examine why you "don't for a moment believe the people in charge of D party are any better or 'good-er' than the R party" in the face of overwhelming evidence that says otherwise.

Because they all worship themselves. It is of course not confined to politicians. As I said, they are just a reflection of us.