"you may be eligible to receive a new ATI graphics card"

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MrK6

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2004
Originally posted by: GoSharks
I got a check today.. It was for IIRC about the entirety of what I paid for my refurbed X800 Pro.
Originally posted by: sapiens74
I got a check today to

Covering the whole Video card and then some...
If the settlement hearing isn't until August, how did you get paid? And why?

GoSharks

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 1999
Hm actually our checks are from a different suit? Mine is specific to
All individuals and entities who purchased graphics processing card products online from the websites of ATI Technologies ULC (shop.ati.com) or Nvidia Corporation (www.nvidia.com) in the United States during the period from December 4, 2002 to November 7, 2007.

I wonder if i can double dip...

MrK6

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2004
Originally posted by: GoSharks
Hm actually our checks are from a different suit? Mine is specific to
All individuals and entities who purchased graphics processing card products online from the websites of ATI Technologies ULC (shop.ati.com) or Nvidia Corporation (www.nvidia.com) in the United States during the period from December 4, 2002 to November 7, 2007.

I wonder if i can double dip...
Ah, interesting, didn't know about the other one. Wow, I guess there was a whole lot of shenanigans going on ~5 years ago.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
Originally posted by: Wreckage
I can't believe it's taken 3 years to settle this. It seems pretty cut and dry. I wonder if criminal charges will be filed?

What criminal statute did they violate?

What a weird fuckin comment.

Wreckage

Banned
Jul 1, 2005
Originally posted by: Stoneburner
I can't believe it's taken 3 years to settle this. It seems pretty cut and dry. I wonder if criminal charges will be filed?

False advertising can be pursued under federal law by the Federal Trade Commission.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003

False advertising can be pursued under federal law by the Federal Trade Commission.

Not criminal.

MrK6

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2004

Not criminal.

Law 101 ftw.

CheesePoofs

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2004
Has anyone heard anything from this? I just stumbled upon the paperwork for it again and it seems as though it should have been settled by now.