You mad Bro? Yeah we know you mad!

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Deal with it Bitch!

It burns his ass anytime he loses out to Obama. :D

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/en...m=1&_guc_consent_skip=1557593027&guccounter=1

Trump To Be Denied Honour Of Addressing UK Parliament During State Visit In June

Unlike Obama, 45th President won’t get to make an historic address to Westminster Hall.

Donald Trump will be denied the historic honour of addressing parliament during his state visit to the UK next month, government sources have confirmed. In a major snub to the US President, lingering hopes of him delivering a speech to MPs and peers have been dashed following defiant opposition by Commons Speaker John Bercow, Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn and others.

Although Barack Obama made a landmark address in Westminster Hall in 2011, Trump will not be allowed the same privilege after the visit’s organisers decided to avoid a diplomatic row over his “racism and sexism”.

The prospect of a speech to both Houses of Parliament was finally ruled out as Commons leader Andrea Leadsom announced the dates of the Whitsun recess break later this month. MPs will be sent away from Westminster from May 23 until June 4, which means the building will be effectively closed during a key part of the President’s trip to London. Trump is due to fly into Britain on June 3 and leave two days later, and both Buckingham Palace and Downing Street have decided not to press the issue of a speech in the medieval Westminster Hall.

Whitehall insiders revealed that the UK government had not made a formal request to the Commons speaker and Lords speaker, which is the usual protocol, to allow Trump to speak. “We’ve not asked. It’s not going to happen,” one source said on Thursday.

1557599550808.png
Barack Obama addresses members of parliament in Westminster Hall in 2011.

Some government supporters of Trump’s visit, including foreign secretary Jeremy Hunt, had been pushing hard for a change of heart to allow him to make the address to parliament. Hunt said last month: “I think it is very important when you have a state visit by our closest and most important ally that we think about the office as much as the person.” While in the UK in June, Trump is due to mark the 75th anniversary commemorations of the allied World War II D-Day landings. Lords speaker Lord Fowler had said “there is a strong case for a speech by the president, particularly on such an important anniversary”. But in a move to avoid any embarrassment to the Queen, it was decided best not to make a request on behalf of the Palace and the White House in case it was refused by Speaker Bercow.

Corbyn, who has refused an invitation to a state banquet with Trump and the Queen at Buckingham Palace, has warned that Britain should not be “rolling out the red carpet” for Trump. He said he would refuse to honour a man “who rips up vital international treaties, backs climate change denial and uses racist and misogynistic rhetoric”. The President is already facing the prospect of mass demonstrations when he is in London, just as he did when he made a ‘working visit’ to the UK last year. The new announcement of the 11-day Commons recess later this month is also seen as a move by Theresa May to prevent plotting against her in the wake of the Tories’ expected defeat in the European Parliament elections on May 23.
The break gives less parliamentary time for any Withdrawal Agreement Bill to clear the Commons before June 30, making it less likely that May will be able to stop MEPs from taking their seats in July .

A No.10 spokesman said that talks with Labour to find a compromise Brexit deal would continue next week, but added “there is definitely significant work still to do if we are to find a unified way forward”.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Sanctions or tariffs

OK. I can't think of anything I buy that's imported from GB. Do I think it would be petty and stupid if he does? You damned betcha...but petty and stupid is a perfect description of Trump.

Nov 25, 2013
OK. I can't think of anything I buy that's imported from GB. Do I think it would be petty and stupid if he does? You damned betcha...but petty and stupid is a perfect description of Trump.

<Foghorn Leghorn voice> It's a joke, son. A joke, I say. A joke. <Foghorn Leghorn voice> :)

Reactions: Meghan54

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018

I buy Earl Grey tea. And English Muffins. And Stout Ales. But I'm pretty sure they export a lot of beef here. Remember when Mad Cow Disease was a thing?

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
booze and beer

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
<Foghorn Leghorn voice> It's a joke, son. A joke, I say. A joke. <Foghorn Leghorn voice> :)

We've already had the tariffs, on steel.

Maybe they could impose tariffs on racists with high-status accents? We export a few of those. Introduce a Hopkins tax.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Slap tariffs on British cars. Of course, American mechanics would suffer terribly.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
I buy Earl Grey tea. And English Muffins. And Stout Ales. But I'm pretty sure they export a lot of beef here. Remember when Mad Cow Disease was a thing?
Blue Stilton is better than either Bleu Cheese or Gorgonzola. I've gotta have it.

I remember Anthony Bourdain's episode on a UK visit. British food can be much more delectable than one would think. And I'd always inclined toward the richer cuisines of the Mediterranean -- Italian, Greek, North African . . .. and French, Mexican or Chinese.

But I gotta have that Stilton cheese . . . for my English table water crackers. Would you like an hors d'oeuvres or a canapé?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Blue Stilton is better than either Bleu Cheese or Gorgonzola. I've gotta have it.

I remember Anthony Bourdain's episode on a UK visit. British food can be much more delectable than one would think. And I'd always inclined toward the richer cuisines of the Mediterranean -- Italian, Greek, North African . . .. and French, Mexican or Chinese.

But I gotta have that Stilton cheese . . . for my English table water crackers. Would you like an hors d'oeuvres or a canapé?

If one likes British food go for it, but "can be" and "is" aren't the same.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
If one likes British food go for it, but "can be" and "is" aren't the same.
True, and if I wanted roast beef, I'd open my copy of Julia Child's "the Art of French Cooking". Usually, when you think of British food, the letter "B" leads to the word "bland". But the Stilton! The Stilton!

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
True, and if I wanted roast beef, I'd open my copy of Julia Child's "the Art of French Cooking". Usually, when you think of British food, the letter "B" leads to the word "bland". But the Stilton! The Stilton!

Yep, the extraordinary two-volume set. Julia was an extraordinary person at so many levels. I agree there are some things the world would be worse off if not for things like Stilton. As for teas, they are the reason we in the US enjoy them (although I am not a fan of colonialism). I don't buy teas from Britain but from the countries of origins and I do like a Blue Flower Earl Grey. I hear that Brits are using these horrible things called "bags" in which much inferior leaves are used more often than before. Asians still tend to be more respectful in their ceremonies than most other places.

God, I'm such a snob :D

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Slap tariffs on British cars. Of course, American mechanics would suffer terribly.

Aston-Martin and?

I gave my tea kettle away.. I buy the loose leaf teas, and make my own custom blends using re-fillable K- cups.

Heaven.. one cup at a time.

booze and beer

England has beer, no booze.
Scotland has Scotch, Ireland has Irish whiskey. Germany has schnapps, France and Italy have a lockdown on the wines.

What booze comes out of England?

Last edited: