You live next door to a person that flies a Nazi flag in front of their house. Should anything be done about it?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Some good suggestions here. Here's another. Find out who his employer is, then take a photo of his house with that flag up there and e-mail it to his boss, and tell his boss if he doesn't fire the guy, you're going to put the photo and the guy's name up on the internet, along with the identity of his employer who has refused to fire him.

If that doesn't get him canned, then I would do exactly what I threatened.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Play the call to prayer every fifteen minutes through loudspeakers. Get a giant spotlight, point it at his house and leave it on all night. A dozen rainbow flags would be a nice addition to your yard.

• Haha
Reactions: AnitaPeterson

AnitaPeterson

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Play the call to prayer every fifteen minutes through loudspeakers. Get a giant spotlight, point it at his house and leave it on all night. A dozen rainbow flags would be a nice addition to your yard.

Call to prayer, rainbow flags... earlier on, someone mentioned Yiddish and Sephardic songs... I like where this is going.
Maybe put a few posters of Stalin and Mao? I would also add to the playlist a few other gems like "The Internationale" and the official hymn of the USSR.

But the absolute pearl in the crown would be playing an audiobook edition of "Das Kapital" (which may or may not be against the Geneva Convention).

Reactions: rommelrommel

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Can't be good for the neighborhood's property values to have an America-hating POS who likes to shoot his neighbors in the back living there.

Reactions: Meghan54

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Maybe he wants to buy some nearby property on the cheap and then take it down.

Clever. I wouldn't put it past some underhanded real estate agent pulling crap like that, especially knowing how competitive that business is.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I would be tempted to put up an Israeli and American flag side by side. There would also be strategically focused cameras, lights and music involved. Several dogs most likely.

I'd wave and smile as I sat on the porch, field stripping and cleaning the Nazi weapons I inherited from family who took them as war trophies. Appropriately timed holiday well wishings would get to his mailbox on Hebrew holidays no matter what.

Feb 4, 2009
Clever. I wouldn't put it past some underhanded real estate agent pulling crap like that, especially knowing how competitive that business is.

dude a realtor can literally go to jail for that.
That looks like a shit property, I doubt the neighbors properties are palaces.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Maybe putting up ghastly poster pics of Jew Holocaust victims from the Nazi death camp gas chambers in the front yard, some facing the Nazi flag flying neighbor's house would do the trick.

edit - Or if that's too much, then large poster pics of the front entrances of those camps ie - Treblinka, Auschwitz, etc.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I'd feel sorry for this poor sap because obviously he has no idea what he is doing or what America went through so that he could fly that flag. Does he think Adolf Hitler would allow this guy to fly an American flag, or any flag other than the Nazi flag? Then, when Hitler's Gestapo arrested this guy and dragged him off to some camp, I doubt he'd think so highly of Adolf or that flag. By keeping the flag up there, then everyone knows and will know that this guy is a freak and an idiot. And people will drive by pointing and will say LOOK AT THAT ASSHOLE. LOOK AT HIS FLAG. WHAT A MORON. And everyone in town will know where the town idiot lives.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Never seen anyone dumber than this. Very poor grasp of reality if he thought his life would not be turned upside down for keeping the Nazi flag in front of his house.. Its like a bullseye begging people to f*ck him up real bad.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Never seen anyone dumber than this. Very poor grasp of reality if he thought his life would not be turned upside down for keeping the Nazi flag in front of his house.. Its like a bullseye begging people to f*ck him up real bad.

Imagine.

20, 30 years from now....people in this country will finally be saying this same thing, unanimously, about such people trying to fly the confederate traitors' flag!

• Haha
Reactions: rommelrommel

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
Imagine.

20, 30 years from now....people in this country will finally be saying this same thing, unanimously, about such people trying to fly the confederate traitors' flag!

I do not think another 20 or 30 years will make what 150 years has not. Seems some here in the “nation of winners,” some love to support the underdog. They love a loser that one day will be a winner. One day, they say.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Unless he/she is breaking the law, I support the first amendment whether I agree or not.

Flying the Nazi flag is basically shouting, "I want to murder all Jews." 24/7. I have to agree that yeah, that's protected, but at the same time, it begins to cross the line.

Symbols of such extreme hate should be considered as profanity.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Unless he/she is breaking the law, I support the first amendment whether I agree or not.
With your property value going to virtually ZERO. You have a surprisingly high level of tolerance. Sacrificing your own finances so this guy can fly his Nazi flag.

I guess you are a better person then most of us.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
He can certainly fly that flag. Doesn’t mean anyone has to give him a job, allow him in their restaurant or store, etc. The only thing the 1st amendment says is the government can’t punish him for his speech’. His fellow citizens are free to choose to have nothing to do with him because of that speech.