you like comic books?

Terrorism101

Dec 15, 2000
anyone here still into comic books?
ive got a crap load of comics from junior high that i want to get rid of...
wheres the best place to "post/advertise" comic books? anyone know of any forums or sites...other than eb@y...cause no one bids in the comic section...

thanks for your help, thanks

Pastore

Diamond Member
Feb 9, 2000
For Sale/Trade forums of this site... You can sell just about anything there...

Nutcase99

Golden Member
Dec 22, 1999
Terrorism101: send me a list of your comics and prices I'll buy some off of you.

LittleNicky

Dec 8, 2000
What kind of comics you got? I stopped collecting around after they hiked the prices up to a buck twenty-five. God only knows what they're charging now!

Terrorism101

Dec 15, 2000
hmmm...ill take a look at them...maybe take a few pictures of my comics...

oh yeah....what ever happened to valiant comics?
magnus, x-o.....

and image comics...its been about 7 years since i last looked at comic books

im looking for a comic book based forum...anyone know of any?

thanks

SendTrash

Platinum Member
Apr 18, 2000
valiant? Out of business.. Yeah Man-O-War was pretty good. I quit 5-6 years ago. I heard that Image is being sued. Oh well... Jim Lee is great.
I still have boxes of comic books but don't really want to sell.. I hope you have good luck in selling them. Last I heard, there is a slum in interest in comic books.

Dan

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Man, what memories. I sold off my collection about 20 years ago. A couple of my "prizes" included Fantastic Four #4 and issues 1 through 20 of Conan The Barbarian ... along with tons of other stuff. Imagine how much they would be worth today. (Actually I did pretty well back then when I sold them.)

dcdomain

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2000
If you don't need the cash, I say hold on to them for now. The industry is in a slump.

All the hot artists from Image comics... most of them don't even draw their own books anymore. Image is pretty much a mess. Jim Lee sold Wildstorm to DC, Rob's (Liefeld) imprint was basically kicked out, Top Cow left and then came back (after they kicked out Rob). Todd hasn't drawn his book since... I don't know when. He's busy making other merchandise. Valentino, I haven't heard from him in a while. The only person still going is Erik Larsen and his Savage Dragon. Spawn is pretty steady too, comes out on time thanks to Greg Capullo. Ugh, everything's a mess... there are some good books out, but tough to find when it's buried underneath all the crap.

Terrorism101

Dec 15, 2000
i have a question...

autographed comic books...does the autographed part mean that its worth more? or does it mean it decreased the value because someone wrote on it?

urbantechie

Banned
Jun 28, 2000
A couple yrs ago, I had about 20 commics, all #1 or #0 gold colored issues. My mom accidently threw them out :(:|

dcdomain

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2000
For the majority of the time, autographed books are worth more, if you have a photo or some other form of authenticity. If not, then there's no way of telling if it's real, and the value usually drops because the book is defaced. But in the end, it really depends on who you sell it to.

Bryan

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
The internet really hurt the mystique of "rare" comics though. They're hardly worth anything more now than they were 10-15 years ago.

dcdomain

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2000
Dangergirl huh?... When did the last issue come out? I think Fathom/Turner has more issues than Campbell does with his Dangergirl comic, and Turner just went through surgery for cancer!!! Of course at least Campbell has more issue out than Battlechasers/Maduirea... them b1tches are all too lazy...

I think they are all great artists, but unprofessional and lazy... fans suffer...

Bryan

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
G.I. who?
Even the kiddies know who GI Joe is.... and knowing is half the battle. ;)