You know what I hate?

Hurricane Andrew

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2004
When you're going camping and the wife turns off your main Seti rig before you leave without you knowing about it :|

Thankfully, I had to pick up a few items that we forgot this morning, so I only lost about 10 hrs. of crunching time. I think it's time for a little "sit down." ;)

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
lol ,10hrs isn't too much crunching lost but that's a big double back!:Q

Have a good trip :)

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
OT: I think your cousin Hurricane Dennis is preparing to give my area a visit. :Q

Hey you guys in the PanHandle! ... be prepared to duck!

And Good Luck!

:beer:

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Well.....it does save some power.

I know, I know, I'll probably get kicked out of this section now, right? I know the way to the door....

:p:D

Freewolf

Diamond Member
Feb 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Smoke
OT: I think your cousin Hurricane Dennis is preparing to give my area a visit. :Q

And Good Luck!

Be safe Greg.
As soon as I leave work I'm boarding up the doors and windws at my place.
I send the wife and little girl over east to her sister's House Friday. I'm staying at the house with the cats and dogs.

Pokey

Platinum Member
Oct 20, 1999
Take care everyone. I'm spoiled. Hugo is the only hurricane that has really trashed us. Usually it is just wind and rain by the the time stuff gets this far inland.

Be safe.

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Have a good trip, Hurricane Andrew and enjoy the camping. I am on my way home after 2½ weeks of the great outdoors in the Swedish mountains ("Fjäll") and that was great!
And be safe all those in the path of Hurricane Dennis, you are in our prayers.

Aug 27, 2002

And Good Luck!

Being from Texas, it took me 10 min. to figure out that Florida has an area called the PanHandle. (only PanHandle I know about is the Texas PanHandle) I sure was trying to figure out how a huricane could affect us this far out. I live about 150miles east of the PanHandle on the Texas side of Lake Texoma.

Good luck you Floridians that haven't left, although you should have known when you live there what to expect weather wise I guess.

Hurricane Andrew

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2004
Originally posted by: Freewolf

And Good Luck!

Be safe Greg.
As soon as I leave work I'm boarding up the doors and windws at my place.
I send the wife and little girl over east to her sister's House Friday. I'm staying at the house with the cats and dogs.
Dennis is no cousin of mine. He's been disowned...

Hope everyone is safe and already either battened down or out of the area. My thoughts and prayers are with all in this storm's path.

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
You know what I hate?

Having a hurricane named after you. :( I see all these signs on the news from Florida and the South saying Dennis go away, Dennis is unwanted here. No one wants Dennis around. :(:( :brokenheart:

And now I've been disowned by my cousin.... :Q :(

Everyone be safe out there. Dennis is coming to town....

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
You know what I hate?

I hate it when REALLY hot girls in skimpy bikinis are sunbathing at the pool near my house and they lay out where I can't watch them from my window. :p

Oh yeah, and I hate it when my crunchers get turned off when I don't want them to be off. ;)

Hurricane Andrew

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2004
Originally posted by: RaySun2Be
You know what I hate?

Having a hurricane named after you. :( I see all these signs on the news from Florida and the South saying Dennis go away, Dennis is unwanted here. No one wants Dennis around. :(:( :brokenheart:

And now I've been disowned by my cousin.... :Q :(

Everyone be safe out there. Dennis is coming to town....

I know what you mean. At least you don't share the name of the costliest storm in US history....there's still a bad taste in most of South Florida for what happened in 1992. Heck, taking the family to the Keys last year we saw quite a bit of the residue. But when you're a University of Miami fan, at least I get a pass from most of 'em ;)

Times like this though, I do regret my moniker a bit...

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
I hate it whenever a cruncher gets stopped for whatever reason. :|

Have a great time on your trip. :thumbsup: :D

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Hurricane over for us :D. Live in extreme southwest Georgia. 5miles from florida line. Knocked the tops off of 2 of our pine trees. grrrrrrrrr. That;s gonna kill them. Other than that just limbs and alot of water. Wasn't as bas as we thought it would be for us.

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Good to hear :)

Originally posted by: Fardringle
You know what I hate?

I hate it when REALLY hot girls in skimpy bikinis are sunbathing at the pool near my house and they lay out where I can't watch them from my window. :p

Oh yeah, and I hate it when my crunchers get turned off when I don't want them to be off. ;)

lol :)