You guys should give TF2 a try today... revamped and AMAZING + 100% FREE

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Haven't played in years, but easily in my top 5, if not top 3 games of all time. It just never gets old.
There's just so much right with the game, I wouldn't even know where to start.
Maybe I'll fire it up again sometime soon and get destroyed :)

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
the only thing i remember from TF2 was the aimbots + players screaming MEDIC~ MEDIC~

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
Is it me or scoreboard is geared towards specific classes? I mean I don't expect a medic-main to be on top, but...

It's ridiculously easy to rack up kills as Pyro, more than any other classes.

- Disgusting non-stop / no-reload damage. Once you flank, it's easy kill 2-4 people.
- Mobility too good compared to Heavy
- Heavy is equally useless at long range as Pyro.
- Most 'spy-proof' than any other class

In my trash-level pub experience, Pyro is just too awesome to dominate the scoreboard with. If anything I think Heavy needs a buff. His long range is equally useless as Pyro. But Pyro has NONE of the terrible movespeed & windup handicap Heavy has to deal with.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
Pyro has a higher skill floor but a lower skill ceiling. In other words, the more skilled the players, the less effective pyros are. Skilled heavies eat pyros for breakfast.

I think the easiest class to rack up kills with is demo, then soldier.

rpanic

Golden Member
Dec 1, 2006
I played tons of TF1, but when TF2 came out something just didn't feel right with the flow of it, is it better now.