You ever get someone on the phone and are glad to talk them, then you're like "GOOD GAWD, ENOUGH" :-)

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Maybe it's just a guy thing. My mom called not too long ago and I generally enjoy talking with her. I was fine for about 5 mins, then I got immensley bored and started tuning her out until it got to the point where I was ready to get off the phone (but you know that mom's LOVE to talk).

Anyway, just my daily musings ;)

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
i honestly start twitching after 5 minutes, and if it hits the 15 minute mark i start contemplating suicide. i hate phones, i don't know why.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
I got that way with RossMAN that time he called.

I kept dropping hints (and the phone) but he was just clueless. :confused:

:D

bradruth

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
That just happened to me the other day. I got back from the shower and heard my phone ring, but I couldn't get there in time. My mom was talking about coming down to see me the other day, so I called her to see if it was her that called. Needless to say I ended up pacing back and forth in my room listening to her babble for about 10 minutes. ;)

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: conjur

:brokenheart:

You know how Hot Deals and Web Hosting get me all worked up :p

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
DAMN, that reminds me, my mom's bday is today. Need to call her now.

Crazymofo

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003
Originally posted by: dabuddha
Yes. But imagine this. My mom calls at least once a day if not more.

I guess I'm lucky my Mother is a busy lady... i get a call from her once a month at most and usually its her asking for help with something. If she didn't need help often I don't think she would even call me...

SaintGRW

Golden Member
Oct 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Kev
i honestly start twitching after 5 minutes, and if it hits the 15 minute mark i start contemplating suicide. i hate phones, i don't know why.

what about cell phones. I start twitching after 5 minutes on a land line at home or work and will do just about anything possible to avoid using it. but I don't mind cell phones..

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
the only time i dont mind a phone call is when im driving. other then that, it better end after 30 seconds

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
Originally posted by: SaintGRW
Originally posted by: Kev

what about cell phones. I start twitching after 5 minutes on a land line at home or work and will do just about anything possible to avoid using it. but I don't mind cell phones..

nah, i refuse to pay 50/month for one

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
Having worked in customer service for many years and been subjected to the hell of endless calls my entire shift, I have grown to dislike talking on the phone at all. I feel guilty when my mom is talking and all I'm doing is thinking about getting off the phone. Thankfully I am free of that line of work but the memories of those awful times still linger. ;)

arcenite

Lifer
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: RossMAN
Originally posted by: conjur

DO YOU HAVE AN AUTOMATIC AVATAR SWITCHER THING

:brokenheart:

You know how Hot Deals and Web Hosting get me all worked up :p

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
I feel drained after speaking to my mom for more that 5 min's. I always prefer to chat via IM with her that way I can read and respond when I get a chance and I'm not stuck with a phone to my ear listening to her ask me the same questions over and over. But she's my mom and its only outta love that she does it.

SoyBoy004

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by: NFS4
Maybe it's just a guy thing. My mom called not too long ago and I generally enjoy talking with her. I was fine for about 5 mins, then I got immensley bored and started tuning her out until it got to the point where I was ready to get off the phone (but you know that mom's LOVE to talk).

Anyway, just my daily musings ;)

lol, yes! i was thinking the exact same thing recently