You drove a Hyundai to get here tonight, I drove an $80,000 BMW.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Sureshot324

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2003
Originally posted by: Lifted
Originally posted by: Kev
is that from boiler room or something?

LOL! Ben Affleck stole his "big scene" from Glengarry Glen Ross. I remember watching it and cringing at how it was such a blatent rip off of Alec Baldwin's scene.

So true. I still loved both movies though.

Jun 19, 2004
Originally posted by: ShotgunSteven
Originally posted by: pontifex
at 1st i thought this was another "look me flaunt my wealth thread"

In the case of most ATOTers, the quote would be modified to something like, "You drove a Civic here tonight, I would have driven an $80,000.000 BMW if the tires hadn't been slashed, then stolen, and if I hadn't pissed off my mom and dad by acting like a spoiled brat, thus forcing them to kick me out of the house and giving me a new full time hobby of belittling other people about how poor they are while I have even less than they. I compensate by telling them that they will never amount to what my father has amounted to, which is all BS that I made up for the benefit of ATOT anyway.

P.S. Then the BMW got stolen."

Now you wouldn't be talking about who I think you're talking about now would you ;)

PAB

Banned
Dec 4, 2002

In the case of most ATOTers, the quote would be modified to something like, "You drove a Civic here tonight, I would have driven an $80,000.000 BMW if the tires hadn't been slashed, then stolen, and if I hadn't pissed off my mom and dad by acting like a spoiled brat, thus forcing them to kick me out of the house and giving me a new full time hobby of belittling other people about how poor they are while I have even less than they. I compensate by telling them that they will never amount to what my father has amounted to, which is all BS that I made up for the benefit of ATOT anyway.

I am not in the "most ATOTers" category, I'm in the top 10% of creative minds. There IS a difference.

Bumrush99

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Originally posted by: PAB

I am not in the "most ATOTers" category, I'm in the top 10% of creative minds. There IS a difference.

Have you done a poll to confirm this claim? How did you arrive at 10%, why not at the superior 2%?

May 31, 2001

The first two examples are Aimster and RyanSenagra, I couldn't remember who had the car stolen. That was you?

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003

QFT and LOL. Many of ATOTers need to understand real life is NOT the same as WoW, Command and Conquer, Everquest, and other make believe games.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: eits
what a boring-ass movie...

:roll:

Glengarry Glen Ross is one of the greatest movies ever. The quality of the acting by the all-star cast is simply amazing. The script is astounding. Obviously all that went over your head...

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Lifted
Originally posted by: Kev
is that from boiler room or something?

LOL! Ben Affleck stole his "big scene" from Glengarry Glen Ross. I remember watching it and cringing at how it was such a blatent rip off of Alec Baldwin's scene.

Despite some good scenes, Boiler Room is a mostly pathetic movie. When it isn't blatantly ripping off Glengarry Glen Ross, it's blatantly ripping off Wall Street.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: Vic

Glengarry Glen Ross is one of the greatest movies ever. The quality of the acting by the all-star cast is simply amazing. The script is astounding. Obviously all that went over your head...

The acting was good, and the dialog was good, but the plot was less than compelling. Don't get me wrong, I much prefer a good drama to a good action movie. I don't need murders and explosions to enjoy a movie. But Glengarry Glen Ross left me wondering why I watched it.

TheGizmo

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000

you're in the top 10% in terms of layers of toilet paper which wipe my ass and grundle areas

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: sm8000

Try watching it again, this time take your ritalin.

P.S. Sorry they don't blow sh!t up.

P.P.S. How was Chicago?

my favorite movies = amelie, good will hunting, the departed, little miss sunshine, life is beautiful

none of those movies really have a lot of explosions...

speaking of explosions, chicago was awesome (as expected) :) thanks for asking

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: Vic

great acting doesn't make a great movie... if the plot is boring and/or sucks, no amount of good acting or all-star cast will be able to save it. this shouldn't have been a movie... it should have stayed in the theatre as a play or something.

after watching it, i kinda wanted to punch the guy who told me how amazing of a movie it was and urged me to watch it...

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Holy f*ck, that was good acting, Alec Baldwin actually looked real badass.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Originally posted by: FilmCamera
I would laugh at him because he spent $80,000 on a stupid car. Moron.

well when you make almost a million dollars, you can be a little 'careless' with your money.

Oct 4, 2004
Damn, that looks like an interesting movie. (Looks eerily similar to Boiler Room)

And I LOLed at the description 'Surprisingly good acting by Alec Baldwin'. WTF? I don't remember Alec Baldwin ever acting bad. And I've only seen his recent movies where he doesn't really get much screen-time.