You cant make this stuff up -- Texas Lt. Gov. Ripped For Saying Seniors May Be Willing To Die For The Economy

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
The guy is obviously grandstanding and needs to be put in his place......we keep getting closer and closer to having a group of people decide who lives and who dies!!

Twitter users are calling out Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick for claiming that “lots of grandparents out there” are willing to take a chance against the COVID-19 coronavirus in order to save the economy.
Speaking on Fox News, Patrick agreed with President Donald Trump’s proposal for a quicker end to the shutdowns that have stalled the economy.
The closures and stay-at-home instructions are aimed at stopping the spread of the virus, especially to those most vulnerable, such as seniors, who make up 80% of all U.S. deaths.
But Patrick, who turns 70 next month, indicated he’s willing to put his own survival on the line in exchange for “keeping the America that all America loves” for future generations.
And if that’s the exchange, I’m all in,” he told Tucker Carlson, adding there are “lots of grandparents” who agree.
“My message is that let’s get back to work, let’s get back to living, let’s be smart about it, and those of us who are 70-plus, we’ll take care of ourselves. But don’t sacrifice the country,” he said.

It goes on.....

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Virus ramps up:

Trump - you're on your own, every state for themselves

State's take the reigns and initiate stay-at-home policies to slow the spread and not overwhelm their hospitals

Trump - Whatabbout the economy, you can't have all these people NOT working!!

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
D94QEVsXYAAaw0m.jpg

Well hopefully some of our seniors will keep this in mind as Election Day rolls around.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
I'm assuming his parents are already dead?...The movie "Soylent Green" flashed before my eyes when I saw this. Does he realize he would be killing off Trumps voting base?

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Egads, I know modern American conservatives have open contempt for people once they're born, but "let's sacrifice the elderly" is making that contempt a bit too obvious, don't you think?

Not to mention this is so scientifically ignorant it boggles the mind. It's not just seniors at risk of death; even if you don't die, you may have lasting damage; and of course, having a significant chunk of the population either hospitalized or stuck at home would still hurt the economy.