You can play Battlefield 3 right now if you want - Confirmed working

goobernoodles

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2005
Seriously? I just installed BF3 remotely on my computer. Sadly, I'm in Portland and my computer is in Seattle. Haha

Edit: Just checked and it didn't get past the release date check. This was an Amazon pre-order/pre-load.

Last edited:

Piuc2020

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2005
You need to use a proxy from a country that has the game unlocked already (like many asian countries, the guide uses a korean proxy), it worked for me but it took like 15 minutes because of the slow ass proxy.

Once you access the battlelog home screen (after you accept the TOS and select a language) you can exit your browser, remove the proxy and log in (through Origin) and play normally on US servers and whatnot.

Note: You need to access through Origin, if you try to access Battlelog directly from browser it will not work.

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
I can't get multiplayer to work, and single player is bugged in a spot and won't continue :(

TheUnk

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2005
I can't get multiplayer to work, and single player is bugged in a spot and won't continue :(

It's not the very beginning train part is it? I finally found out you have to hold R . . . The indicator never came up for me. I didn't know what button to press to pick up lol

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
It's not the very beginning train part is it? I finally found out you have to hold R . . . The indicator never came up for me. I didn't know what button to press to pick up lol

no, after that, when you go through the "school" then run across the street, the "follow" guy is by a door and the other 3 ran around the corner, there's no indication to do anything...

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
Seriously? I just installed BF3 remotely on my computer. Sadly, I'm in Portland and my computer is in Seattle. Haha

Edit: Just checked and it didn't get past the release date check. This was an Amazon pre-order/pre-load.

Just curious to know how long it took to d/l from Amazon and what kind of rate you got? I'm getting 46kB/sec and it's killing me!

queequeg99

Oct 17, 2001
no, after that, when you go through the "school" then run across the street, the "follow" guy is by a door and the other 3 ran around the corner, there's no indication to do anything...

You just stand on the other side of the door (and let him knock it down). So far, the single player is pretty average. I totally don't get the melee combat. It took me about 20 tries to kill the guy after I found the end of the wire and I still don't know how I did it. Just a lot of random hitting of keys and clicking of mouse buttons. But at least I'm past it.

Multiplayer looks to be pretty awesome so far. I didn't play in the beta so this is my first experience with BF3.

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
You just stand on the other side of the door (and let him knock it down). So far, the single player is pretty average. I totally don't get the melee combat. It took me about 20 tries to kill the guy after I found the end of the wire and I still don't know how I did it. Just a lot of random hitting of keys and clicking of mouse buttons. But at least I'm past it.

Multiplayer looks to be pretty awesome so far. I didn't play in the beta so this is my first experience with BF3.

I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling and it downloaded a patch. After doing so, right before the part I got stuck on, there was a LOT of extra dialog, and the scripted event continued like it should.

GoStumpy

Golden Member
Sep 14, 2011
Just curious to know how long it took to d/l from Amazon and what kind of rate you got? I'm getting 46kB/sec and it's killing me!

I bought it on Origin, and for some reason the first half downloaded at 4-4.5mb/sec, and the second half was 2-2.5mb/sec...

Which is crazy considering the fastest I've EVER downloaded was 1.7mb/sec!

wand3r3r

Diamond Member
May 16, 2008
I bought it off amazon and downloaded at 70Mb/s but it didn't immediately install so I downloaded it from origin @ 20-40Mb/s. (a day or 2 ago)