You all must watch this video

IcemanJer

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2001
it's streamed out of windows media server... mms protocol...
not sure if you could actually save it. maybe if you have an application to save it as it streams, then you could do it.

res1bhmg

Banned
Jul 25, 2002
Don't you guys have Speed Channel in your area; they broadcast all the stages of the WRC Safari Rally a week or two back. It was quite a show.

puffpio

Golden Member
Dec 21, 1999
Yep I have Speed channel. I wake up at 4 AM (west coast) to see Formula 1 practice, qualifying, and race.

I stay up late (till like 3AM) to listen to World Rally Radio so I can get my rally fix live. SOONER OR LATER PETTER SOLBERG SHALL WIN!

Palek

Jun 20, 2001
That is a sweet video!!! Got my adrenaline pumpin' ! :D If I had the money, I would be doing rally racing... I consider rally the ultimate form of car racing and the ultimate test of one's driving abilities. These guys drive like maniacs, they do things with their cars that I would have thought to be impossible...

Man, I really want to play a rally game right now. I have to go see if we have one for the PS2 in the lab...

<EDIT>Argh... Ended up playing with Granturismo 3 for 5 hours straight... What a waste of time...</EDIT>

Nemesis77

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001
for some reason I knew this was about WRC, even before I read the thread :). Rally of Finland is on as we speak :). Fastest rally of 'em all with the greatest jumps :D

UCDznutz

Banned
May 11, 2002
Originally posted by: IcemanJer
it's streamed out of windows media server... mms protocol...
not sure if you could actually save it. maybe if you have an application to save it as it streams, then you could do it.

try streambox vcr. I used it to record KROQ's almost acoustic christmast last year. worked pretty good.

puffpio

Golden Member
Dec 21, 1999
Originally posted by: Nemesis77
for some reason I knew this was about WRC, even before I read the thread :). Rally of Finland is on as we speak :). Fastest rally of 'em all with the greatest jumps :D

heheh is it cuz it's a video posted by me in the middle of the night? HEHEHE

check out wrc.com they have split times in the middle of the stage! Great coverage.. plus the world rally radio rocks so you can hear commentary

SaltBoy

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
Wow, that's pretty sweet! I've never been exposed to Rally racing, so, ummm... why are there TWO people in the car?! :confused:

LemonHead

Golden Member
Oct 28, 1999
Wow, that's pretty sweet! I've never been exposed to Rally racing, so, ummm... why are there TWO people in the car?!

One guy does nothing but drive (damn good and damn fast!) and the other guy is navigating and checking guages, etc.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Sweet looking game ! Graphics look so real. Even the women were nice looking and not all pixelated or blurred. ;)

Anyway, whoever asked about saving streaming video (asx or rm files)... look for a *ahem* version of Streambox VCR on the web.

JonnyBlaze

Diamond Member
May 24, 2001
cool video

i have the wmv file saved. if someone has some web space i can upload it for everyone, i will.

JB

hoihtah

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2001
i don't understand why they're driving so fast.

what's the big hurry?
where's the fire?

;)