Yosemite National Park: curtail cars by cutting parking??

MadRat

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Y O S E M I T E N A T I O N A L P A R K, Calif., May 9
The Yosemite Valley Plan doesn't discourage use, but it does try to curtail automobile traffic and congestion by severely reducing the number of parking places and by putting more people in buses.

I can understand adding a mass transportation system, but cutting parking? The plan could work, but I'm leary of adding buses on those skinny roads... elevated trains make more sense to me than buses. I really hope they increase the capacity of the park rather than curtail visitors. Its already harder than hell to get the family into the Nation Park system for a week of camping these days.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
EnviroWacko inspired anti human policies. They don't want ya there so expect more restrictions.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Ever been in the Valley during season? Traffic jams galore! I say setup parking areas outside the valley and make more people bus/bike/trolley it in. Elevated train? And ruin the natural beauty?

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: IGBT
EnviroWacko inspired anti human policies. They don't want ya there so expect more restrictions.

Those B@stards! It's all gone to h&ll since they stopped allowing you to throw garbage out your window. I won't even go there anymore since they told me I can't throw lit cigarettes into the woods. And where the heck am I supposed to dump my used motor oil?

;)