Yoohoo, I have a friend with benefits!!!

SyahM

Golden Member
Nov 6, 2001
How long can a man and a woman goes about making out, having sex, dinner and etc without any feeling (love) involved?
I'm just curious because I think I'm in one right now. Been close to this girl (she's 19 and I'm 23) and we are like a couple -holding hands, hugging, making out etc - .. but we both confessed that we have no feeling toward each other. It's too good to be true but if it is, yeahh .. i'm the happiest man alive!

Edit: For any of you who has experienced this kind of relationship, please share the stories... i'm sure lots of us would like to know, and for how long does it last?
Edit: Title.

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
It won't last. She will either want to be with you every minute of the day or never. And it will get wierd if either one of you goes out with another person.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: SyahM
Does it? I mean, how long can a man and a woman goes about making out, having sex, dinner and etc without any feeling (love) involved?
I'm just curious because I think I'm in one right now. Been close to this girl (she's 19 and I'm 23) and we are like a couple -holding hands, hugging, making out etc - .. but we both confessed that we have no feeling toward each other. It's too good to be true but if it is, yeahh .. i'm the happiest man alive!

OOOOhhh... a best friend with benefits!

But I think someone in this relationship is just kidding him/herself.

alm99

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2000
A no-string-attached relationship exists for all of about a day or at least until the other person sees the other one hooking up with someone else. Usually the girls get attached pretty easily, at least the psycho ones do. Sounds to me you are WAY beyond this stage.

"holding hands, hugging, making out etc "

Sounds to me that someone is involved and since you are posting here I don't think its you.

SyahM

Golden Member
Nov 6, 2001
Originally posted by: rh71
Originally posted by: SyahM Does it? I mean, how long can a man and a woman goes about making out, having sex, dinner and etc without any feeling (love) involved? I'm just curious because I think I'm in one right now. Been close to this girl (she's 19 and I'm 23) and we are like a couple -holding hands, hugging, making out etc - .. but we both confessed that we have no feeling toward each other. It's too good to be true but if it is, yeahh .. i'm the happiest man alive!
OOOOhhh... a best friend with benefits! But I think someone in this relationship is just kidding him/herself.

Forgot to mention that she has a boyfriend and I have a girlfriend :D
rh71, what do you mean by kidding him/herself? Do you think either one of us is in denial?

damiano

Platinum Member
May 29, 2002
I think it does,

I used to go out with this girl for about a year,
we broke up about a year and a half ago, and met up about 3 months ago, we now have an agreement, we go to clubs together and if both don't get laid, we just have sex together :D
i hope it will last for a while ;)

SyahM

Golden Member
Nov 6, 2001
Originally posted by: alm99
A no-string-attached relationship exists for all of about a day or at least until the other person sees the other one hooking up with someone else. Usually the girls get attached pretty easily, at least the psycho ones do. Sounds to me you are WAY beyond this stage. "holding hands, hugging, making out etc " Sounds to me that someone is involved and since you are posting here I don't think its you.

alm99, believe it or not, this is true and I am having this relationship ... by the way, she's cute too. but sorry, no pics!

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Worked for me until she got too attached as will always happen...

Just curious though, why are you both in relationships and need to "hook" up?

lilFajita

Golden Member
Aug 2, 2002
I think if you dig deeper, you might find that she is more attached to you that she is willing to admit. At some point, someone is going fall off the bandwagon...

SyahM

Golden Member
Nov 6, 2001
Originally posted by: Nitemare
Worked for me until she got too attached as will always happen... Just curious though, why are you both in relationships and need to "hook" up?

We both are in long distance relationship .. both of our significant others are in a different country. But hey, this is not cheating since we are not in the same area code, isnt it?
Lilfajita, how to dig deeper?

Liviathan

Platinum Member
Feb 21, 2001
If I could find this it be magic...but sadly it doesn't exist.....unless you pay for it!!!!

ViperMagic

Platinum Member
Jul 7, 2001
eh... cheating is bad man. Even though it probably means nothing to you, I have no respect for someone whose cheating on their so

edit: wront "there"

SyahM

Golden Member
Nov 6, 2001
Originally posted by: ViperMagic
eh... cheating is bad man. Even though it probably means nothing to you, I have no respect for someone whose cheating on their so edit: wront "there"

I know cheating is bad but my relationship is doom since last december. Believe it or not, my gf dumped me more than 100 times already in the past 3 yrs. Dont know what keep us together though ... and no, i'm not on the rebound, I dont think i'm ready for another responsibility just yet.

codehack2

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
Does it? I mean, how long can a man and a woman goes about making out, having sex, dinner and etc without any feeling (love) involved?

If your doing all of the things listed above, then your already in a relationship. You both are just afraid to admit it. Try laying the mack on another fem when she is around and she how she reacts.... I would expect no less than 3 to 5 voicemail messages.

CH2

SyahM

Golden Member
Nov 6, 2001
Bump.
I thought many of us here had this experience .. i guess I was wrong :(

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Bump.
I thought many of us here had this experience .. i guess I was wrong :(

Well, I for one don't call what you are in a friend with benefits relationship. Long distance or not, you still have a gf. IMO, you are just doing this girl to get back at the gf who dumped you 100 times already. What's that about?

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Worked for me until she got too attached as will always happen... Just curious though, why are you both in relationships and need to "hook" up?

We both are in long distance relationship .. both of our significant others are in a different country. But hey, this is not cheating since we are not in the same area code, isnt it?
<STRONG>Lilfajita</STRONG>, how to dig deeper?

Why not give them links to this thread and ask em if they think it's cheating or not ?

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Originally posted by: baffled2

<STRONG>Lilfajita</STRONG>, how to dig deeper?

Why not give them links to this thread and ask em if they think it's cheating or not ?

Ouch!:D

SyahM

Golden Member
Nov 6, 2001
Originally posted by: baffled2
Originally posted by: Nitemare Worked for me until she got too attached as will always happen... Just curious though, why are you both in relationships and need to "hook" up?
We both are in long distance relationship .. both of our significant others are in a different country. But hey, this is not cheating since we are not in the same area code, isnt it? Lilfajita, how to dig deeper?

no need to cuz I already told her everything .. well, not details but brief enough so that she knows what's going on .. I know, this is bad.

lilFajita

Golden Member
Aug 2, 2002

Lilfajita, how to dig deeper?

I'd say to sit down and ask her straight up, but she still might play dumb, probably cause she thinks that's what she wants. The point is, I have so many friends that thought their friends with benefits thing was going great with some girl, until the guy wanted to go out with someone else or wasn't interested in being around that girl so much. Then her true feelings came out. While guys may have the ability to not get emotionally attached, girls rarely do. If you care about this girl (and your girlfriend for that matter) you might want to reevaluate whether a little play is worth it in the long run- you could end up really hurting both of them.

BTW, it never worked for me. One person always cares about the other person more, whether they admit it or not.

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
well i'd snap to it and start using those benfits, before something happens! :D