Yo-Yo Ma plays Ennio Morricone = Heaven on Earth

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
This has to be one of the most beautiful albums i have heard in a while... Within 5 minutes of listening i was hooked.... By far my favorite Yo Yo album....

short clip

aphex

Jul 19, 2001
Glad you guys like it as much as i do...

The CD can be had at YourMusic.com for $5.99 (free shipping), the title is the same as this threads title minus the Heaven on Earth

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I love Yo-Yo Ma, and I've had the pleasure of seeing him live. I have many of his recordings including all of Bach's cello suites.

I normally don't like Yo-Yo Ma's interests outside of "classical", this this sounds quite nice. Yo-Yo has an incredible sound.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
I wonder if I can find his albums at Costco. I think I saw some last time. I'll check my Costcos this weekend.

Ps. Yo Yo Ma is a pimp.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
I liked this one song done by Yo Yo Ma that Nike had used in their commercials. Very cool and much talented too.

timosyy

Golden Member
Dec 19, 2003
I'm a cellist... and I was sitting there listening to that clip shaking my head going "holy crap".

Buying.

pclstyle

Platinum Member
Apr 14, 2004
Heh, been to his house before, watched him practice for a bit. He was prepping for some concert at symphony hall (boston) later that weekend. The man is ridiculously modest.

My sister was good friends with his son Nick while they were @ phillips academy in Andover. From what I hear, nick is more of the theater/drama type versus being a musician.

Undoubtedly though, Yo-Yo Ma is one of the premiere cello virtuosos of our time... though perhaps past his peak

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
and since we're doing asian male threads and stuff, yes yo yo has a white wife. not hot though

kogase

Diamond Member
Sep 8, 2004
Ennio Morricone is one of my favorite composers, and I generally dislike film composers. Ecstacy of Gold is a great piece, and this sounds like an interesting rendition, too bad I'd have to buy the whole CD just to check it out.

aphex

Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: car3
your website is down, id like to hear it, can host it if you want

working fine here...

were supposed to be going through an upgrade anyday now so it may have been down for that...