Yo! Buckwheat

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
'Misses Buckwheat' to you

You know, some Political Candidates don't have the sense to come out of the shallow end of the gene pool , even when they are drowning.

See here, she's running for an office and implodes:

A state representative in a runoff election infuriated civil rights leaders after she ended a conversation
with the mother of the NAACP's local president by saying, "Talk to you later, Buckwheat."

There's nothing quite like polarizing the Voter Base, is there.

Remember the slogan 'It Takes a Village" ?

What if the Village is made up of all the worlds Village Idiots, staying in the same village?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
You've pretty much covered the topic. Inquiring minds wonder "Can she recover"?

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
She's a drunk and a racist.

Sounds like the perfect politician for today's America.

We already have one of those...he's a senator for Massachusettes.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Originally posted by: blackangst1
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
She's a drunk and a racist.

Sounds like the perfect politician for today's America.

Yes, but shouldn't we seek to broaden the diversity of drunks in office?

Note: I have no idea if the she's a drunk or just stupid or both.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
What if the Village is made up of all the worlds Village Idiots, staying in the same village?

You must be talking about Crawford, Texas, except their Village Idiot In Chief moved to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington D.C. :p

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
What do you expect? We demand almost no quality from our politicians, the only litmus test is not crossing any of a small handful of arbitrary lines that drive certain nutbar groups absolutely crazy. And being a huge idiot does not appear to be one of those lines.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
We, the people.

I am grateful to live in a country where our zeitgeist, our unofficial group dynamic, supports the idea of racial equality, as if there were any other sane way to live.

I am grateful that this particular instance of "tyranny of the majority" makes us aspire to be, collectively, better than we actually are, and thus makes such public expressions of idiot racism unacceptable, at least in open discourse.

We have come this far.

I am grateful.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Perknose
We, the people.

I am grateful to live in a country where our zeitgeist, our unofficial group dynamic, supports the idea of racial equality, as if there were any other sane way to live.

I am grateful that this particular instance of "tyranny of the majority" makes us aspire to be, collectively, better than we actually are, and thus makes such public expressions of idiot racism unacceptable, at least in open discourse.

We have come this far.

I am grateful.

Are you kidding? Our history of race relations is absolutely pathetic, mostly because our "group dynamic" drags us all down to the lowest common denominator and makes truly moronic behavior acceptable. Sure, we make progress, but it's like squeezing blood from a stone.

Perknose

Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Rainsford
We, the people.

We have come this far.

I am grateful.

Are you kidding? Our history of race relations is absolutely pathetic, mostly because our "group dynamic" drags us all down to the lowest common denominator and makes truly moronic behavior acceptable. Sure, we make progress, but it's like squeezing blood from a stone.
Please re-read what I wrote.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
We, the people.

We have come this far.

I am grateful.

I've read it several times, and you seem to be suggesting that our collective group dynamics SUPPORT, rather than retard, a push towards racial equality. I think that's wrong, I think our "tyranny of the majority" turned what should be a fairly simple process into a centuries long struggle to understand the basic point that skin color is among the least useful ways to judge a person.

Perknose

Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
We, the people.

We have come this far.

I am grateful.

I've read it several times, and you seem to be suggesting that our collective group dynamics SUPPORT, rather than retard, a push towards racial equality. I think that's wrong, I think our "tyranny of the majority" turned what should be a fairly simple process into a centuries long struggle to understand the basic point that skin color is among the least useful ways to judge a person.
I can't quite summon the energy to argue with you. I believe our seemingly opposite positions come down to mostly semantics. My limited enthusiasm for this sort of jousting is probably better used elsewhere.

Couldn't you at least call me a string of harshly derogatory names, R, calling into question my very ability to breathe, let alone think? That might get me going. ;)

Perknose

Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Fern
So what pissed her off, that Buckwheat was a guy?

;)

Fern
The Klan was always yelling White Flour! Buckwheat bravely went against the grain.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Pabster
Originally posted by: blackangst1

:thumbsup: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :thumbsup:
Could be worse, he could be one of those Republican predators cruising rest stops and bathroom stalls.:thumbsup: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :thumbsup: