Yipes! Why is my son taking a shower? UPDATE: girl

badmouse

Platinum Member
Dec 3, 2003
My 14-year-old son just woke up, and I'm taking him over to the game shop to spend the day playing yugioh, magic, etc with the gang there.

Now, normally he HATES showers - I figure he'll outgrow it, so I don't waste my arguing on times like this when he's just going to be with the other guys who are equally shower-averse.

So why is he taking a shower? Did he finally grow up and realize that taking showers is a good, socially acceptable thing? Is it possible that there is a girl at the game store? Maybe there is a bet involved? Maybe he's just trying (and succeeding) to make me wonder about him?

Update: Yup, there are two girls who've been attending the weekly bash lately. Sixteen-ish, not bad looking, very smart and evidently they've been doing well in the tournaments. One of them actually SPOKE to my son, who looks a lot older than 14 (tall, beard, etc.). Took quite a bit of hanging out at the game store and chatting with the owners & some of the gang to get the scoop. He's not the only one who was wearing cleaner clothes and smelling vaguely of soap!

Thanx for the suggestions, none of which I had the nerve to put in my original post, but next time (if there is a next time) I will not be so delicate. Remember please that I'm the mom, and I do the laundry, so nothing surprises me.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: badmouse
My 14-year-old son just woke up, and I'm taking him over to the game shop to spend the day playing yugioh, magic, etc with the gang there.

Now, normally he HATES showers - I figure he'll outgrow it, so I don't waste my arguing on times like this when he's just going to be with the other guys who are equally shower-averse.

So why is he taking a shower? Did he finally grow up and realize that taking showers is a good, socially acceptable thing? Is it possible that there is a girl at the game store? Maybe there is a bet involved? Maybe he's just trying (and succeeding) to make me wonder about him?

He just had a wet dream and needs to clean up.

j/k :p

IamElectro

Golden Member
Jul 15, 2003
Is it possible that there is a girl at the game store?

Very unlikely. If there was a girl there I think she would be quite homely. I saw an add once in our local paper for a comic book store advertising they do live role playing games on the weekends and that there were girls there sometimes. Thought it was kinda funny. Most likely he realized he had an odor problem/

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
I have an attractive friend who plays D&D and she claims she has attractive girl friends who do too but she won't let me see them.

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Ichinisan
Yugioh? Magic? You have to do something...quick!

For real. Magic isn't that bad but Yu Gi Oh.. that's like for elementary school kids isn't it?

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
Originally posted by: Ichinisan
Yugioh? Magic? You have to do something...quick!

For real. Magic isn't that bad but Yu Gi Oh.. that's like for elementary school kids isn't it?

Fantasy/card games and comics are for people who don't have true ambition in their lives: dorks

Oh, and role-playing is even more retarded...