Yet another reason to stay away fro Ebay...

Gulzakar

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I puchased a pair of CX300's from Ebay, "Retail Package" that turned out to be a pair of knock-offs.

How do I know? Missing extra earpads, "I" shaped plug...

When I bought it from the seller, I asked her outright in email (which I have), "I want to confirm these have the "L" shaped plug, "I" shapes are cheap OEM's...she replied, "absolutley".

She tells me that I'm confused and that the extra ear plugs are in the box and that I have to look more (christ, it's a small box...). She also tells me that the plug on the earbuds is "I" shaped, and clearly stated in the auction:

Auction Here

I've already filed a dispute with Paypal...Ebay won't let me unless I wait until 3/1/07 to file a dispute.

Any other options? These are Knock Offs (not to mention they sound aweful)...

Jan 31, 2002
File disputes all over the place and claim "counterfeit item" wherever possible, as that's one of eBay's favourite buzzwords. :p

- M4H

RadiclDreamer

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2004
She must be retarded, from the auction

Designed in a stylish silver finish, the ear buds include a 3.5mm>>>>L-shaped plug<<<<<

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Gulzakar
I puchased a pair of CX300's from Ebay, "Retail Package" that turned out to be a pair of knock-offs.

How do I know? Missing extra earpads, "I" shaped plug...

When I bought it from the seller, I asked her outright in email (which I have), "I want to confirm these have the "L" shaped plug, "I" shapes are cheap OEM's...she replied, "absolutley".

She tells me that I'm confused and that the extra ear plugs are in the box and that I have to look more (christ, it's a small box...). She also tells me that the plug on the earbuds is "I" shaped, and clearly stated in the auction:

Auction Here

I've already filed a dispute with Paypal...Ebay won't let me unless I wait until 3/1/07 to file a dispute.

Any other options? These are Knock Offs (not to mention they sound aweful)...

Dispute with CC, you won't have a problem. Ebay/Paypal are collectively worthless when it comes to that.

Gulzakar

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Thanks Guys!

I've filed with my Bank

I've sent an email to Sennheiser letting them know of illegal usage of their images ;)

Revenge will be mine.

When someone says "are you shure this is the right item?"...it angers me.

Gulzakar

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
The email... I've done a quick and dirty edit of the email address.

No it is NOT. I looked "in the bottom", they are not there. End of story. I am not mixing up the items. Your auction clearly states and promises an L shaped plug (in writing and in the picture).

The item I received is a fake.

I want my money returned to me.

3fity <3fity@> wrote:
your picture did not open, please send it again.. you must be mixing me up with another purchase. because the earmolds are definitely there, they are in the bottom of the packaging, you have to open the whole thing up. and the plug is also most defintely l shaped...please check your records.
----- Original Message -----
To: 3fity
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2007 10:26 PM
Subject: Re: Item #160086511748 - Notification of an Instant Payment Received from zach_vardanian

There are no extra pads, I went through thoroughly... and the plug is straight.

I've attached a picture.

3fity <3fity@.net> wrote: the extra earmolds are in the packaging..you must have not have opened the whole thing up..they are in the back..and the plug is most definetly l shaped as pictured...are you shure you arent mixing something up here?..
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2007 9:47 PM

Hi,

I'm having some issues.

1) This set did not include the extra ear molds as indicated on the box.
2) This isn't a retail version. The adapter isn't "L" shaped as indicated on the box.

I would like to return this for the full retail version please. This is the website to what the item *should* be:

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/productdetail.asp?transid=500830

3fity <3fity@ wrote: they are on the way.
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2007 4:23 PM
Subject: Re: Item #160086511748 - Notification of an Instant Payment Received from

Hi!

Just wanted to see if these have been shipped yet?

Sent: Monday, February 19, 2007 6:19 PM
Subject: Re: Item #160086511748 - Notification of an Instant Payment Received from zach_vardanian

Thanks!

Aug 23, 2000
Ok, 1st off, the person that "sold" these is probably just a front person that is trying the "get rich on ebay" scam of putting up auctions and not actually having the product in hand. Once the auction is one and item paid for the ORDER is placed and the item is shipped from a warehouse. In these cases the person doing the selling is at the mercy of the scamming company that does this to pass off fake products.

Gulzakar

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Oh yeah, the emails have went further.

It's great. I'm being called a lyer and Bogus.

She's fixated with those ear molds rather than the fact that the earbuds are fake.

Normally I'd write this off, but quite frankly, I decided to draw a line.

:)

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Staying away from ebay isn't the answer, staying away from paypal is the answer. If you use a CC, especially a good one like citibank, when a seller tries to pull something like this, you'll file a dispute and 99.99% get your money back. No fuss. Paypal complicates things a lot, of course it's the preferred payment method for scammers......

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: Gulzakar
Oh yeah, the emails have went further.

It's great. I'm being called a lyer and Bogus.

She's fixated with those ear molds rather than the fact that the earbuds are fake.

Normally I'd write this off, but quite frankly, I decided to draw a line.

:)

Hopefully you already got your +1 feedback. Make sure to keep all this for eBay/Paypal.

- M4H

Gulzakar

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I think, from now on, no more Paypal.

It's funny, I stayed away from them for years because of this. I don't know why I started using them (again).

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Ebay is fine to sell (and only if it's for small amounts), and if you buy, make sure you buy from a vendor that takes credit cards. Otherwise, you're setting yourself up to get ripped off.