Yet another MTG Thread -- Crazy Is As Crazy Does

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Doh the twit won her primary with 70%

Her supporters are doing this out of sheer spite because there's simply no other logical reason to keep her in office while she holds no committee assignments where she can represent the interests of her constituency. She is useless other than her being a foul mouthed lying rabble rouser. But then again, that's what the party of theirs really needs considering they have absolutely nothing else of value to offer the working class and poor folks of the nation.

Reactions: Number1

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Her supporters are doing this out of sheer spite because there's simply no other logical reason to keep her in office while she holds no committee assignments where she can represent the interests of her constituency. She is useless other than her being a foul mouthed lying rabble rouser. But then again, that's what the party of theirs really needs considering they have absolutely nothing else of value to offer the working class and poor folks of the nation.
owning the libs is all that matters

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
owning the libs is all that matters
That's pretty clear at this point, and also inevitable. As the two parties diverge and clash winning is all that matters. Social media has added hurricane winds to the shit storm by giving every halfwit in the country an anonymous voice. We can say whatever we want without repercussions. Naturally each side blames the other for the escalation and can prove that they're the bad guys.
It would be funny if it wasn't such a tragedy.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
That's pretty clear at this point, and also inevitable. As the two parties diverge and clash winning is all that matters. Social media has added hurricane winds to the shit storm by giving every halfwit in the country an anonymous voice. We can say whatever we want without repercussions. Naturally the each side blames the other for the escalation and can prove that they're the bad guys.
It would be funny if it wasn't such a tragedy.
That's not really true for liberals though. You don't have to look any further than campaign ads and what they do in office. For example, DeSantis is trying to win the Republican nomination in 2024. What is he doing? Maximum owning the libs, even though it hurts his constituents through things like the stupid Disney bill. Is there an equivalent Democratic governor? If so I can't think of one.

There's a lot of research on this. Democrats basically campaign on 'I'm going to enact policy X to help you' and Republicans campaign on 'I'm a true conservative (ie: I'm culturally similar to you)'. This is because conservatives don't really care about policy outcomes for the most part.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
The only way this makes sense is if her base never gets the jew space laser news etc… So what kind of information silo(s) is these people locked into? That is where you start. Identify and understand the enemy.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
The only way this makes sense is if her base never gets the jew space laser news etc… So what kind of information silo(s) is these people locked into? That is where you start. Identify and understand the enemy.

It's a really rural district in GA. Deliverance country.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
That's not really true for liberals though. You don't have to look any further than campaign ads and what they do in office. For example, DeSantis is trying to win the Republican nomination in 2024. What is he doing? Maximum owning the libs, even though it hurts his constituents through things like the stupid Disney bill. Is there an equivalent Democratic governor? If so I can't think of one.

There's a lot of research on this. Democrats basically campaign on 'I'm going to enact policy X to help you' and Republicans campaign on 'I'm a true conservative (ie: I'm culturally similar to you)'. This is because conservatives don't really care about policy outcomes for the most part.
Read through P&N then tell me that again. 75% of the posts are about the stupid crap right wing extremists say.
I hang out at another place that's as far right as this place is left, and it's the same garbage, with two or three Q idiots tossed into the mix. The only difference is the lunes over there are a lot more polite than they are here.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
Read through P&N then tell me that again. 75% of the posts are about the stupid crap right wing extremists say.
I hang out at another place that's as far right as this place is left, and it's the same garbage, with two or three Q idiots tossed into the mix. The only difference is the lunes over there are a lot more polite than they are here.
Calling us lunes is not polite. "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. " That is what Mahatma Gandhi said. Why do all the good people end up dying for assassins. :( We really need Martin Luther King Jr. and JFK in the world today. Back to the topic, if you find what we are saying rude, you do not need to act rude back to us, you could just ignore, or stand by what you believe in. No one here is forcing or paying you to be on here.

• Love
Reactions: Thump553
Jul 9, 2009
I remember elections where when someone lost they conceded instead of attempting to overthrow democracy.
Oh really?

Yet she's in the running again for Governor of Georgia.

In case you need a left of center link for your feelings.

• Haha
Reactions: iRONic

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Oh really?

Absolutely. Where did they attempt to overthrow democracy?

You are a fucking clown.

Reactions: pmv and iRONic

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Oh really?

so per the first article you linked, Kemp is "in the lead" which means he hasn't won yet - the election has not concluded as of that time.

and per the second article, no, Abrams did not issue an official concession, but she ended her campaign.

but hey, ignore the obvious conflict of interest of overseeing your own election....

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Calling us lunes is not polite. "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. " That is what Mahatma Gandhi said. Why do all the good people end up dying for assassins. :( We really need Martin Luther King Jr. and JFK in the world today. Back to the topic, if you find what we are saying rude, you do not need to act rude back to us, you could just ignore, or stand by what you believe in. No one here is forcing or paying you to be on here.
I visit P&N because I'm interested in dissenting opinion, same with the other place. It's also amusing at times.
As far as using the term "lunes" goes, that's that's an opinion. It's also my opinion that extremists are so locked into a logic pattern that they can only see what they want to see. You'll find that in threads right here in P&N. So while you may consider it rude, it's also accurate.
It all fits well with the thread topic. MTG isn't able to see beyond her own beliefs, she lacks empathy, and uses confrontation instead. That's so common as to be normal.

• Wow
Reactions: hal2kilo
Jul 9, 2009
so per the first article you linked, Kemp is "in the lead" which means he hasn't won yet - the election has not concluded as of that time.

and per the second article, no, Abrams did not issue an official concession, but she ended her campaign.

but hey, ignore the obvious conflict of interest of overseeing your own election....
As you said, she didn't concede which was what fskimo was talking about in his post and which i replied to. Thanks for at least reading the article that showed i was right and that Abrams never conceded.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
God damn

Contemplating if we have to update the Turing test though, cause its obvious that another "level" of human consciousness has emerged over the past decade, and this one may be easier to beat.

Last edited: