Yet another MTG Thread -- Crazy Is As Crazy Does

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Ahhh.... the irony. :p ;)
Always assume that the presenters of psychological truths that are born of introspection to be those who lack the benefits of those insights rather than those who did not acquire or propound that information independently to be the ones who are exemplary of that capacity. Then enjoy the irony created by that irony.

Nov 17, 2019
And I can sort of see her gripe. While she, Maddy, Matty and a number of others are clearly unfit, should a few complaints and a Judge decide over the voters and the House itself?

• Haha
Reactions: iRONic

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
And I can sort of see her gripe. While she, Maddy, Matty and a number of others are clearly unfit, should a few complaints and a Judge decide over the voters and the House itself?
Of course they should if they don't meet the constitutional requirements to hold the office. If the 14th says traitors can't serve how is that any different than disqualifying people based on age or natural citizenship?

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Always assume that the presenters of psychological truths that are born of introspection to be those who lack the benefits of those insights rather than those who did not acquire or propound that information independently to be the ones who are exemplary of that capacity. Then enjoy the irony created by that irony.

In other words we teach best what we most need to learn? ;)

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
In other words we teach best what we most need to learn? ;)
The lesson here was not to believe the absurd. Always assume that it isn't the people who present psychological truths and have them thrown back in their faces that are the real idiots. There is a reason we have worlds like esoteric. Everything that I espress in these forums on the matter of real knowledge is that the reason it isn't common is because people are needless and wrongly afraid to know what it is. The enemy of truth is us, or more exactly the ego. Just the mere suggestion that somebody may know more than somebody else, a fact that is undoubtedly true for all of us depending on the subject in question, drives people to immediate defensiveness and even anger and dangerous rage. Watch court videos of people being convicted.

Shamrock

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
A bit of MJG news, and none of it good!

Judge says her candidacy can be challenged

And MJG campaign has reported from Jan to March is a loss of $314,000

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Authoritarianism is the result of Stockholm Syndrome, being regimented as a child by threat and putdowns to conform to the one true way. This destroys the true self and replaces it with a vengeful personality that grows up repeating the pattern. Abused children grow who grow up with consistent and unrelenting moral strictures have no other way to survive than to submit and become carriers of that sick mentality, passing it on to the next generation. But because all of us have experienced such abuse not all of us were broken by it. Folk on the left retains some sympathy for victims and even the victims themselves can crack and rebel.

The best of the conservative lunatics like MTG may attain lots of support when things for conservatives are going well, but as stresses build against them they often experience major collapse. I think we can see the real beginnings of that happening to Trump. He's just too much asshole for even sick people to bear. I could be wrong but I hope I am not.

Reactions: Captante

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
A bit of MJG news, and none of it good!

Judge says her candidacy can be challenged

And MJG campaign has reported from Jan to March is a loss of $314,000

There is a high chance she is not going to get elected another term. Looks like Boebert will be all alone in her women for Trump club.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
So I can see where there's a split in Georgia's Repub base where on the one hand she is admired for her audacity (knuckleheaded behavior) while on the other she is reviled for humiliating herself and the party she hails from for the very same behavior she is praised for.

Like Sinema, Greene is relying heavily on those corporate donors for campaign financing so it's going to be up to them whether they see Greene as an asset or liability.

Her constant ranting and raving about guns guns guns can carry her rabble rousing for votes only so far. After that's played out she got nothing else to offer up come time to get reelected.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
So I can see where there's a split in Georgia's Repub base where on the one hand she is admired for her audacity (knuckleheaded behavior) while on the other she is reviled for humiliating herself and the party she hails from for the very same behavior she is praised for.

Like Sinema, Greene is relying heavily on those corporate donors for campaign financing so it's going to be up to them whether they see Greene as an asset or liability.

Her constant ranting and raving about guns guns guns can carry her rabble rousing for votes only so far. After that's played out she got nothing else to offer up come time to get reelected.

Just an FYI, the area that Greene represents are mostly Georgia-Tennesse hybrid residents. Tennesse is right next door to her district. In 2020 election, for the first time in decades, GOP's highest victory vote margin came from Tennessee rather than Texas as it usually has been. Seems to be that all the rednecks are moving from Texas, to either Arkansas, Tennessee, or the district that Greene represents.

Further more, the article does not state whether those who are filing the suit are in the district that Greene represents.

If Greene gets allowed to run for re-election, she will deffinetly win.

Reactions: tweaker2

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Didn’t realize there was a live stream of her testimony. Currently on lunch break though

but apparently she said on the stand Biden isn’t the duly elected president

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Didn’t realize there was a live stream of her testimony. Currently on lunch break though

That "woman" is such a disgusting pig. :confused:

*(with apologies to pigs everywhere)

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Perjury. Shouldn't she go straight to jail??

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
She is an awful witness. Like, galactic level terrible.

And holy shit, just noticed that Matt Gaetz is in the courtroom. Is that allowed? Isn't there a school within 1000ft?
Probs being used as blackmail against the judge. If it doesn't go MTG's way, Matt will go after someones daughter.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I don’t recall. I don’t recall. I don’t recall. And as much as she rambles to avoid directly answering the question, afraid to see the orange monkey on the stand.

Hell it worked for Reagan.... why mess with success?? :rolleyes:

(too bad she doesn't have that mole on her face to rub when stressed!)

Reactions: hal2kilo