Yet Another I Just Saw RUSH thread

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Just got back from seeing Rush at the Rose Garden :cool: and I must say it was the best concert I have ever seen. Amazing. Not actually better than sex :p , but amazing none the less.

A little bit about it:
First, contrary to popular myth about Rush fans, I went with my beautiful girlfriend of 5 years (who is a bigger fan than I am) AND there were plenty of other attractive women in the audience.

Rush proved why and how they have been so successful for so long. The show started on time and every aspect of it went off without hitch or flaw. All 3 band members are still at the top of their game and OMFG they are so tight. No matter how fast they played, they never missed a beat. There are very few bands out there that are better live than recorded, and Rush is the best of all those.

And Neil Peart's drum solo!! My eyes were wide and my jaw was on the floor. If God himself came down and sat on that drummer's stool, he couldn't have done it any better.
Geddy Lee is, of course, still the greatest bassist who ever lived and Lifeson proved why he makes my Top 10 Best Guitarists of All Time list.

The setlist was long, 3 hours, and included songs from throughout their 30 year career. All aspects of production, from sound to lighting to effects, were perfection.

If they're coming to your town, and you're a fan (or even just kind of like them), go see them.

Jugernot

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Ok, I was think Rush Limbaugh at first.... I have no idea who this band is.... :|

Mucman

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Glad you enjoyed the show! Not better than sex? I guess they gave a sub-par performance :p j/k

How did you like the fire in One Little Victory? Did you think the songs off of Vapor Trails translated better live than off of the CD?