Yess!! Finally have a good excuse for a new used truck

malbojah

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2000
Oh happy days!! Driving in to work today, took a left corner into shopping complex where I work, slid on the still falling snow and hit the 8 inch high curb with the front right wheel. Now it's all outta whack. Either I bent the strut or the frame. Figures through, not a scratch on the rim nor did I blow the tire. Goodbye 94 Saturn SL2, hello Toyota Tacoma??

BD231

Lifer
Feb 26, 2001
Originally posted by: malbojah
Oh happy days!! Driving in to work today, took a left corner into shopping complex where I work, slid on the still falling snow and hit the 8 inch high curb with the front right wheel. Now it's all outta whack. Either I bent the strut or the frame. Figures through, not a scratch on the rim nor did I blow the tire. Goodbye 94 Saturn SL2, hello Toyota Tacoma??

lol, was it a quick slide or a slow one?

I can see it now "Nooooooooooooooo...............{breath}Nooooooooooooooooooooo.........Crash"

Why a Tacoma? Kaka.

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
ha, good luck! I went looking for a new truck today, and every single one I looked at was automatic! How can they even call them trucks if they're not standard? :) Sheesh!

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Originally posted by: SWScorch
ha, good luck! I went looking for a new truck today, and every single one I looked at was automatic! How can they even call them trucks if they're not standard? :) Sheesh!

Ummm...because manual transmissions suck in a truck?

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
heretic! automatic trucks are not trucks at all! then they're pansified minivans with two less rows of seats! :)

malbojah

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2000
heretic! automatic trucks are not trucks at all! then they're pansified minivans with two less rows of seats! :)

Actually, my ideal truck (for what I need) is a 6 cyl, auto, ext. cab, 8 foot bed

malbojah

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2000
Originally posted by: notfred
F-150 > Tacoma

If it'll make you happy, I did decide on a 1998 F150 w/43.7k miles on the clock

ha, good luck! I went looking for a new truck today, and every single one I looked at was automatic! How can they even call them trucks if they're not standard? Sheesh!

And if it will make you happy, I ended up getting a stick

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
Originally posted by: notfred
F-150 > Tacoma

Yup, I looked at Tacomas before I bought my F-150. Small, cheap interiors was my overwhelming impression. I love my F-150 though.

Edit: Congrats on your new truck :):beer: Ex cab? 4x4? Pics?