Yes I'm Late, But Max Payne 3 Is Pretty Good

thm1223

Jun 24, 2011
I'm still playing through it, but so far its been really enjoyable. Top notch graphics, fun game play (bullet time never ceases to entertain), and a top notch plot. Not to mention several easter eggs that hark back to the previous two games, which I consider to be classics in their own right.

So yeah... that's all I wanted to say. :cool:

aaksheytalwar

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2012
IMO Max Payne 3 is probably the best game in a few years and one of the best in the last 10+ years/history of pc games.

PrincessFrosty

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2008
www.frostyhacks.blogspot.com
Actually extremely fun and well made game, I was late to the game and put off getting it until it was on deal at half price, I pretty much got what I was expecting, something that isn't quite the traditional Max Payne but something very good in its own right.

thm1223

Jun 24, 2011
Actually extremely fun and well made game, I was late to the game and put off getting it until it was on deal at half price, I pretty much got what I was expecting, something that isn't quite the traditional Max Payne but something very good in its own right.

Ya I was slightly melancholic over the fact that it strays from the true tone of the original, but I don't think it would really be feasible given how old the former two games in the series are.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
I was very very impressed by the quality of Max Payne 3. It did a perfect job of living up to the other 2, and outdoing them in many ways.

I don't feel it's gotten enough attention.

Mandres

Jun 8, 2011
I didn't like it very much :-/

The gameplay was repetitive and often very frustrating, and it just wasn't very much fun. The story and voice acting were entertaining, even though I lost track of which character was which and some of the story didn't seem to make sense. The environments were cool, and were pretty much the only reason I played through to the end.

The writing was annoying and ham-fisted, and not in the cool Max Payne 'noir' style from the earlier games.

Overall? 6/10 for me. It was just boring to play. The whole game was one room after another of taking cover > bullet time > shoot bad guys 1 at a time over and over.

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
I liked the game. I actually thought that the story would twist to the Mob boss controlling the deaths of the people close to Max, but the ending didn't involve a major twist like the previous two did. It was still a lot of fun, even if it was quite predictable.

OSULugan

Feb 22, 2003
The storyline is okay, but made me feel old. The graphics and the ambience in the game are really good, and I liked the voice acting. It definitely had a Max Payne feel to the story and style.

The gameplay is where it falls down for me, both single and multi player.

For single player: It felt like a cross between Time Crisis and Max Payne. A lot of staged areas where you duck into cover and have a fire fight. Then you get moved along to a new area, and you can't retrace your steps, go investigate, etc. Too often you don't even know you're going to the next area until it's too late (you don't even walk through a door, you just walk into an activation zone).

All of the Max Payne things are there: Bullet-time, weapon variety while still maintaining some realism, etc. So it gets points from me for that. However, a decade removed from Matrix, and bullet-time seems a lot less novel. Even if there haven't been a lot of other games that I've played which have used it.

For multi-player: What an abundance of aimbots and cheats out there. And it doesn't seem like much is being done about it. This isn't just me being bad at FPS multi-player. I got head-shot from across the bus depot with a guy using a hand-gun with 1 shot as he is running perpendicular to where I am right as I pull out from cover. This happened in various similar scenarios more times than "luck" could explain it.