Yes, I have a question.

Walleye

Banned
Dec 1, 2002
someone said anand (the boss) celebrated his 21st birthday on the 26th. that would make him like 16 when this site opened... at least, as early as i can remember it...

anyway, how on earth would a 16 year old get the kind of capital necessary to start a computer analysis site? I can understand continuing one, what with the ads, and the subscriptions, but how on earth would it get started? or was this more of a interest site hosted off a PC till it took off?...

i dont know why, this just seems somewhat interesting to me...

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
Well if the site opened in '98... think about the timeframe it opened in... The height of the internet craze. You could take a picture of crap and put it online (link) and someone would give you funding. I knew a guy in his first year of high school who did the webpage for a law firm. At age 15 he made $30,000 for a few weeks work coding in html (yes, I saw proof, it wasn't just more of the normal HS BS that people throw out to look "cool")

Walleye

Banned
Dec 1, 2002
Originally posted by: ThaGrandCow
Well if the site opened in '98... think about the timeframe it opened in... The height of the internet craze. You could take a picture of crap and put it online (link) and someone would give you funding. I knew a guy in his first year of high school who did the webpage for a law firm. At age 15 he made $30,000 for a few weeks work coding in html (yes, I saw proof, it wasn't just more of the normal HS BS that people throw out to look "cool")

at 18, i'll be making 3000 dollars for a webpage... i wish i had 30,000 dollars... i'd blow it on trip to Oz, and a whole bunch of computers... and i'd get myself a T-1 for awhile :D

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Walleye
Originally posted by: ThaGrandCow

at 18, i'll be making 3000 dollars for a webpage... i wish i had 30,000 dollars... i'd blow it on trip to Oz, and a whole bunch of computers... and i'd get myself a T-1 for awhile :D
I'd invest it.

I already get 1.55mbps downloads for 55$/mo. The only advantage a T1 would hold is 1.55mbps uploads, but I don't need that.... definately not worth the extra 500$/mo. :p