Yep, Cheney lied on Meet the Press, even Bush says so!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Do any of the other flag icon folk in this thread question the claims of Morbius? I heard someone say something about partisan screeching earlier; does ignoring what other prowar folk claim while questioning the claims made by antiwar people qualify as being partisan?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Gaard
Do any of the other flag icon folk in this thread question the claims of Morbius? I heard someone say something about partisan screeching earlier; does ignoring what other prowar folk claim while questioning the claims made by antiwar people qualify as being partisan?

Nah, couldn't be. You are obviously a partisan! ;) :)

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Nope. "Partisan screeching" is a distinctly right-wing conservative term. I'm sure Rush Limbaugh or some dittohead moron tells 'em to say it. Most importantly, they'd never use it against one of their own.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Nope. "Partisan screeching" is a distinctly right-wing conservative term. I'm sure Rush Limbaugh or some dittohead moron tells 'em to say it. Most importantly, they'd never use it against one of their own.

Or we just ignore it because you guys seem to knock yourselves over trying to refute things and dream up new ways of spinning statements;)

CkG

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000

I'd just like the original thread to be "proven" first before I start questioning the next one in line.

Besides, saying "I have proof that Iraq lied" is less controversial to me than "I have proof the Vice President of the US" lied. So honestly, I don't really care about Morbius's post. It was off topic.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000

What a fine example of partisan screeching! Congrats DealMonkey for making my point crystal clear!

"The other side always does this! The other side would never do that! They don't think for themselves"

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
alchemize - I don't care about Morbius's claims.
Galt - I don't care if they ever find WMDs.
Nitemare (and others) - I don't care what reasons Bush gave.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: alchemize

What a fine example of partisan screeching! Congrats DealMonkey for making my point crystal clear!

"The other side always does this! The other side would never do that! They don't think for themselves"

No problem, I'm here to help. :p

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
bush is a liar. cheney is a liar. i really don't have a problem with it.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
"We've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved with September the 11th." Bush

Direct from the transcript:
MR. RUSSERT: But is there a connection?
VICE PRES. CHENEY: We don?t know.

Maybe clear to someone wearing the new 2003 version of Bush-hating tinted sunglasses (I call em Bush-blinders).

Still waiting.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
"We've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved with September the 11th." Bush

Maybe clear to someone wearing the new 2003 version of Bush-hating tinted sunglasses (I call em Bush-blinders).

Still waiting.

And still selectively quoting the liar.

Quote the rest of his statement.

"Now, is there a connection between the Iraqi government and the original World Trade Center bombing in ?93? We know, as I say, that one of the perpetrators of that act did, in fact, receive support from the Iraqi government after the fact. With respect to 9/11, of course, we?ve had the story that?s been public out there. The Czechs alleged that Mohamed Atta, the lead attacker, met in Prague with a senior Iraqi intelligence official five months before the attack, but we?ve never been able to develop anymore of that yet either in terms of confirming it or discrediting it. We just don?t know."

Lies. All disproved. But Cheney still spouts them and you people still say he isn't lying.

Lying for the liar.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: BOBDN

Still waiting.

And still selectively quoting the liar.

Quote the rest of his statement.

"Now, is there a connection between the Iraqi government and the original World Trade Center bombing in ?93? We know, as I say, that one of the perpetrators of that act did, in fact, receive support from the Iraqi government after the fact. With respect to 9/11, of course, we?ve had the story that?s been public out there. The Czechs alleged that Mohamed Atta, the lead attacker, met in Prague with a senior Iraqi intelligence official five months before the attack, but we?ve never been able to develop anymore of that yet either in terms of confirming it or discrediting it. We just don?t know."

Lies. All disproved. But Cheney still spouts them and you people still say he isn't lying.

Lying for the liar.

Why do you keep quoting and selectively ignoring this: but we?ve never been able to develop anymore of that yet either in terms of confirming it or discrediting it. We just don?t know.

Morbius

Feb 15, 2002
Actually, there is plenty of proof for all three. You probably choose to ignore it, disbelieve it, or discount it - that doesn't change its existence and relevance.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Morbius
Actually, there is plenty of proof for all three. You probably choose to ignore it, disbelieve it, or discount it - that doesn't change its existence and relevance.
And you and BOBDN probably chose not to post it and prove it. Which doesn't change it's irrelevance or non-existance. Fair enough, we're at a mexican standoff.

Let me help you along. We're looking for validation of the thread topic. "Cheney lied on Meet the Press, even Bush says so".

Bush says: "We've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved with September the 11th."
So a lie would be (if you assume Bush's statement to be the standard against what you judge the logic):
Cheney: "We've found oodles and oodles of evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved with September the 11th."
heck even "We've found some evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved with September the 11th." in his statement on Meet the Press.

So if anything, the only lie stated so far has been:
"Yep, Cheney lied on Meet the Press, even Bush says so". and I've proved it with my quotes from both sides.

Morbius

Feb 15, 2002

To summarize: you just don't care !

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001

To summarize: War good. Bombs are cool. People dying is just Dawinism in practice. They can barely contain the blood-lust welling up in their throats. They're practically begging for more shock 'n awe. More tactical nukes. More republicans landing on the flight deck grabbing their package and declaring the world black or white. Huzzah! We don't need no stinkin' reasons...

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000

To summarize: You can't prove it was a lie, so you go off on ranting tangents.