(YELLOW) Alert issued for Brooklyn Bridge & Statue of Liberty through Memorial Day

milagro

Golden Member
Jun 19, 2001
Originally posted by: PsychoAndy
Yellow Alert? What is this, some signal for an asian invasion or attack of some sort? ;)

what are you? a signal of a moron invasion of some sort?
;)

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
Originally posted by: milagro
Yellow Alert? What is this, some signal for an asian invasion or attack of some sort? ;)

;)

I think that level would be neon pink...

optoman

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 1999
I just wonder how they would do anything to the Statue of Liberty. They would need another plane or what?

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Officials at the FBI and Justice Department said they were aware of the warning, and that the NYPD was working with information culled from interviews at Guantanamo Bay with captured Al Qaeda and Taliban fighters being held there, including high-ranking Al Qaeda operative Abu Zubaydah.

I'm thinking it's quite likely they are screwing with us, and perhaps even diverting us from paying attention to real targets. Obviously caution is still in order, though...

PsychoAndy

Lifer
Dec 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Skel
Originally posted by: milagro

;)

I think that level would be neon pink...

Nah, that's just reserved for Christopher Lowell and violators of Liberace's Grave.

zimmie6576

Apr 7, 2002
They had better not attack the Statue of Liberty.

They'd piss of the French! And you don't want the French pissed at you.;)

PsychoAndy

Lifer
Dec 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Balt
Officials at the FBI and Justice Department said they were aware of the warning, and that the NYPD was working with information culled from interviews at Guantanamo Bay with captured Al Qaeda and Taliban fighters being held there, including high-ranking Al Qaeda operative Abu Zubaydah.

I'm thinking it's quite likely they are screwing with us, and perhaps even diverting us from paying attention to real targets. Obviously caution is still in order, though...

Agree. How much, seriously, would the people there know, after being holed up in Gitmo for the last couple of months? They might have plans, but if they were smart, they would leave everyone on a need to know basis or something. It would make no sense for prisoners to know anything more than a date, if any.