YEE-HAW! Come on you birthers let's get ginned up again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I don't mean drunk, let's get fired up, wait I don't mean self combust, let's get excited because we got another one......

wait wait stop the music, its not the negro.

The Tea Party darling Ted Cruz-R from Texas according to sources is contemplating a run for President in 2016. One problem he was born in Canada, which makes him not a natural born citizen.

Yeah I know its HuffPo but they have the clip

I know conservatives claim birtherism is not racism so we can expect the same outcry from the birther lineup of...

Joe Arpaio
Donald Trump
Orly Tate
Fox News and the rest of the CEC
Eric Bolling
Cliff Sterns-R (US congress)
Louis Gomert-R (US congress)
12 states controlled by GOP who passed birther bills

There will be a few minor league players claiming to have "concens" about Ted Cruz. This will be the GOPs attempt to disavow themselves of birthers, even though the GOP made it comfortable for them until it because too ridiculous. Republicans will say "see it's really bipartisan"

So how loud will the outrage be about Ted compared to Barack who was born in Hawaii? We shall see.

Thread had been locked due to misleading information presented regarding Natural Born. Citizen.

OP is welcome to create a new thread based on accurate info

EK
Admin

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 8, 2012
Congratulations, you watched Daily Show last night! Would you like a cookie for being sucked further into that black hole of liberal media?

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
It is a friday, get out of moms basement, have a drink, maybe meet a woman. You sound tense for such a relaxing work day.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
I've never known you to create a thread for any reason other than partisan hackery, and you again do not disappoint!

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
I don't mean drunk, let's get fired up, wait I don't mean self combust, let's get excited because we got another one......

The Tea Party darling Ted Cruz-R from Texas according to sources is contemplating a run for President in 2016. One problem he was born in Canada, which makes him not a natural born citizen.

Yeah I know its HuffPo but they have the clip

I know conservatives claim birtherism is not racism so we can expect the same outcry from the birther lineup of...

Joe Arpaio
Donald Trump
Orly Tate
Fox News and the rest of the CEC
Eric Bolling
Cliff Sterns-R (US congress)
Louis Gomert-R (US congress)
12 states controlled by GOP who passed birther bills

There will be a few minor league players claiming to have "concens" about Ted Cruz. This will be the GOPs attempt to disavow themselves of birthers, even though the GOP made it comfortable for them until it because too ridiculous. Republicans will say "see it's really bipartisan"

So how loud will the outrage be about Ted compared to Barack who was born in Hawaii? We shall see.

Does that fact that he was born to at least US Citizen have any impact?

Better read the clarification on natural citizenship

http://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_citi.html
Currently, Title 8 of the U.S. Code fills in the gaps left by the Constitution. Section 1401 defines the following as people who are "citizens of the United States at birth:"
  • Anyone born inside the United States *
  • Any Indian or Eskimo born in the United States, provided being a citizen of the U.S. does not impair the person's status as a citizen of the tribe
  • Any one born outside the United States, both of whose parents are citizens of the U.S., as long as one parent has lived in the U.S.
  • Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year and the other parent is a U.S. national
  • Any one born in a U.S. possession, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year
  • Any one found in the U.S. under the age of five, whose parentage cannot be determined, as long as proof of non-citizenship is not provided by age 21
  • Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)
  • A final, historical condition: a person born before 5/24/1934 of an alien father and a U.S. citizen mother who has lived in the U.S.

Last edited:

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
Does that fact that he was born to at least US Citizen have any impact?

Better read the clarification on natural citizenship

Depends on the age and length that person had citizenship. Going by the clarification, that is.

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Didn't seem to matter to the Birthers did it?

Birthers were complaining about a birth certificate.

No one denied that being born in HI did not exclude.

Thanks for not realizing there are two separate ssues identified by the OP.

And he failed the Natural Citizen part.
Show what happens when one relies on partisan info instead of knowing what he is talking about.

Last edited:

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Birthers were complaining about a birth certificate.

No one denied that being born in HI did not exclude.

Thanks for not realizing there are two separate ssues identified by the OP.

And he failed the Natural Citizen part.
Show what happens when one relies on partisan info instead of knowing what he is talking about.

Either you weren't paying much attention to birthers, or you're lying. I saw many times, many of those in P&N, when birthers tried claiming that even if he was born in Hawaii his father not being a citizen or his mother's continuous time in the US as a citizen would negate his "natural born" status. There is no way you can't KNOW that were Ted Cruz black and a Democrat that birthers would be jumping on this one too because birtherism is pure racism.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
Either you weren't paying much attention to birthers, or you're lying. I saw many times, many of those in P&N, when birthers tried claiming that even if he was born in Hawaii his father not being a citizen or his mother's continuous time in the US as a citizen would negate his "natural born" status. There is no way you can't KNOW that were Ted Cruz black and a Democrat that birthers would be jumping on this one too because birtherism is pure racism.

Probably because of what EK put in the OP. Here is another reference.

http://travel.state.gov/law/citizenship/citizenship_5199.html

His father was never a debate, ever. His mother, her age, and where she had been living the years leading up to the birth were.

Good luck proving a negative. BTW, your own racism is showing. None of this ever had anything to do with race. Nationality != race.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000

His father was never a debate, ever. His mother, her age, and where she had been living the years leading up to the birth were.

Good luck proving a negative. BTW, your own racism is showing. None of this ever had anything to do with race. Nationality != race.

I love how conservatives have gotten so fucking racist in this country that since they can't defend their racist actions, they try to accuse other of it. Birtherism ALWAYS had to do with race. There isn't a person in this country with a brain that functions at or above that of an average adult who believes that birthers would have done any of this were Barack Obama a white man.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
I love how conservatives have gotten so fucking racist in this country that since they can't defend their racist actions, they try to accuse other of it. Birtherism ALWAYS had to do with race. There isn't a person in this country with a brain that functions at or above that of an average adult who believes that birthers would have done any of this were Barack Obama a white man.

Whatever you say, tough guy.

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

I agree, the birthed movement was because of race, party and ignorance.

The same is what is going on with the OP.

Ignorance and party has allowed his foot in his mouth.

And the most delectable part is the Mother Jones and Huff are also falling on this; hook, line and sinker.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
I agree, the birthed movement was because of race, party and ignorance.

The same is what is going on with the OP.

Ignorance and party has allowed his foot in his mouth.

And the most delectable part is the Mother Jones and Huff are also falling on this; hook, line and sinker.

I took the OP as him using this situation to mock the birther movement (which sadly isn't totally dead yet), not seriously believing it. Clearly Cruz, while in my opinion a giant tool, would be a natural born citizen. I WANT Cruz to run personally. He's so much like a lot of the field in the last election, so far from center that he'll drive away much of his own base.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003

-snip-l

Significantly different issue here. This doesn't involve any questions of fact, just law.

Yeah, there may be a constitutional question here. Both parents were US citizens (although his father was likely one for about 10 yrs or so before he was born) and appeared to have lived in the US for a substantial amount of time before he was born in Canada, so it seems unlikely. I wouldn't expect the SCOTUS to find that a natural born citizen include only those born on US soil. IMO, the phrasing of the Constitution doesn't easily lend itself to that interpretation, nor does the apparent intent.

Fern

Jan 25, 2011

Really? No one claimed he wasn't eligible because of his fathers citizenship? Did you sleep through the last five years?

Parental citizenship

Some campaigners, such as the Tennessee-based Liberty Legal Foundation, contend that in order for a person to be a natural-born citizen within the meaning of Article II, Section 1, it is necessary that both parents be U.S. citizens at the time of that person's birth. Those who subscribe to this theory argue that since Obama's father was not a U.S. citizen, Obama could not have been a natural-born citizen, and is therefore ineligible to be President of the United States. The Liberty Legal Foundation has cited language in an 1875 voting rights case&#8212;Minor v. Happersett&#8212;in support of its claim that the U.S. Supreme Court has defined natural-born citizens as "all children born in a country of parents who were its citizens".[87][88]

Dual citizenship

Others, including New Jersey attorney Leo Donofrio, have claimed that a person cannot be a natural-born citizen if he is a dual citizen at birth. Those who subscribe to this theory argue that because Obama's father held citizenship of the UK and colonies, and not U.S. citizenship, at the time Obama was born, Obama was born a dual citizen and therefore was not a natural-born citizen.[86]
In August 2008, the Rocky Mountain News ran an online article asserting that Obama is both a U.S. and a Kenyan citizen.[89] This turned out to be incorrect according to FactCheck.org, which noted that Obama was indeed born a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies (CUKC) under British law, by virtue of his descent from a Kenyan father at a time when Kenya was a British colony, but lost CUKC citizenship and became a Kenyan citizen when that country gained independence in 1963. However, Kenya's constitution prohibits dual citizenship in adulthood. Obama therefore automatically lost his Kenyan citizenship on his 23rd birthday, in 1984, by failing to formally renounce any non-Kenyan citizenship and swear an oath of allegiance to Kenya.[90] Although the paper apologized for the error and published a correction, the article continued to provide fuel for online rumors about Obama's eligibility for the presidency.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_citizenship_conspiracy_theories#Parental_citizenship

Just about every possible angle was covered by the birther movement.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Really? No one claimed he wasn't eligible because of his fathers citizenship? Did you sleep through the last five years?
-snip-

I understood him to be saying there was no debate about the facts regarding his father. I.e., he wasn't a citizen, everyone agreed.

Fern

SphinxnihpS

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2005
lol, I'm a racist now because I wanted proof that the guy in the highest office is qualified.

Nothing wrong with that logic...

Edit: Haha, admin flamed. Suck it!

Last edited:

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011

Really. Not once was his father's citizenship, especially US citizenship, in question. No one on either side of the issue attempted to use his father as the basis for US citizenship. It was made clear, very early on that his father was a British subject and therefore couldn't be the source of US citizenship.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
I understood him to be saying there was no debate about the facts regarding his father. I.e., he wasn't a citizen, everyone agreed.

Fern

The post he quoted was about people basing his lack of eligibility solely off his fathers citizenship.

Status
Not open for further replies.