Yeah, so, apparently at some point in the past, I became an old person.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
After you distill everything down to its essence, peel back all of the layers, and finish searching for the specks of gold in the pan doesn't this end up being the real question asked by this thread:

Have you ever tied together the ends of a broken rubber band and attempted to reuse it?

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
After you distill everything down to its essence, peel back all of the layers, and finish searching for the specks of gold in the pan doesn't this end up being the real question asked by this thread:

Have you ever tied together the ends of a broken rubber band and attempted to reuse it?
I have. Sometimes, it's the only way.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001

Probably. I'm pretty resourceful a lot of the time. I've fixed a lot of stuff others wouldn't even think of trying to retrieve. When I bought my 1910 built house, the GC who did the inspection (a friend of my sister's who had retrieved around 9 houses like mine) took one look at the garage and said "that will have to be torn down." Yup, I tarped the roof for many years, eventually had the roof repaired and I personally removed and replaced a side wall 4 years ago.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Depending on what you need, a lot of times it doesn't have to be tied. Take the two ends around what you want to bind, put a little tension on them, then roll them against the item you want to bind with the palm of your hand. It usually holds. *NOT FOR LIFE SUPPORT* :^D