Yeah, I'm supposed to believe that.

aircooled

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
"My computer just downloaded something called win antispyware on it's own? I have no clue where it came from, can you help?!?!"

Yeah it downloaded itself all on it's own :roll:

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
Yea, they didn't click a link for free pseudo-anti-spyware. I hate when these nubile employees lie.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
well some stuff does install itself.

but with years of dealing with users odds are she installed it and it messed up other stuff heh

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Nocturnal
Can't you utilize group policy to disallow people from installing things?

Have you ever worked in an environment like that? It triples the support calls because everyone needs "some special case" software installed that was approved by management.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Originally posted by: Fritzo
Originally posted by: Nocturnal
Can't you utilize group policy to disallow people from installing things?

Have you ever worked in an environment like that? It triples the support calls because everyone needs "some special case" software installed that was approved by management.

And, some of the workers in that kind of environment get incredibly frustrated that they have to make another support call to have them install updates, etc. to software.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Safeway
Yea, they didn't click a link for free pseudo-anti-spyware. I hate when these nubile employees lie.

nu·bile
1. (of a young woman) suitable for marriage, esp. in regard to age or physical development; marriageable.
2. (of a young woman) sexually developed and attractive

NICE!!!

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Originally posted by: pontifex
Originally posted by: Demon-Xanth
Originally posted by: ForumMaster
Originally posted by: MmmSkyscraper
"My hand just smacked your head into the monitor, I have no clue how it happened."

:laugh: :thumbsup:

I'm sorry, I was carrying your computer and I accidentally tripped.

were you driving a forklift when you tripped? lol

The two foot long stainless steel bar in the last picture had nothing to do with it... I swear! :D

markgm

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2001
That'll buff right out. Heck, I bet you don't even have to do that, just put a few case badges over the damaged parts and it'll look as good as new.

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
Originally posted by: markgm
That'll buff right out. Heck, I bet you don't even have to do that, just put a few case badges over the damaged parts and it'll look as good as new.

And then sell it on eBay to another AT member and have them create 17 threads about it.

funkymatt

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2005
Originally posted by: Safeway
Originally posted by: markgm

And then sell it on eBay to another AT member and have them create 17 threads about it.

in fs/ft no doubt!

AMCRambler

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001
Just change her local privileges to user from power user or admin.She'll start getting errrors every time she clicks ok to one of the dumb popups.