• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Yeah, I'm supposed to believe that.

aircooled

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
15,965
0
0
"My computer just downloaded something called win antispyware on it's own? I have no clue where it came from, can you help?!?!"

Yeah it downloaded itself all on it's own :roll:
 

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
12,081
8
81
Yea, they didn't click a link for free pseudo-anti-spyware. I hate when these nubile employees lie.
 

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
68,155
8
0
well some stuff does install itself.


but with years of dealing with users odds are she installed it and it messed up other stuff heh
 

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
40,713
935
126
Originally posted by: Nocturnal
Can't you utilize group policy to disallow people from installing things?
Have you ever worked in an environment like that? It triples the support calls because everyone needs "some special case" software installed that was approved by management.
 

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Administrator
Mar 5, 2001
49,619
160
111
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Originally posted by: Fritzo
Originally posted by: Nocturnal
Can't you utilize group policy to disallow people from installing things?
Have you ever worked in an environment like that? It triples the support calls because everyone needs "some special case" software installed that was approved by management.
And, some of the workers in that kind of environment get incredibly frustrated that they have to make another support call to have them install updates, etc. to software.
 

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
43,813
44
91
Originally posted by: Safeway
Yea, they didn't click a link for free pseudo-anti-spyware. I hate when these nubile employees lie.
nu·bile
1. (of a young woman) suitable for marriage, esp. in regard to age or physical development; marriageable.
2. (of a young woman) sexually developed and attractive

NICE!!!
 

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
20,551
2
76
Originally posted by: pontifex
Originally posted by: Demon-Xanth
Originally posted by: ForumMaster
Originally posted by: MmmSkyscraper
"My hand just smacked your head into the monitor, I have no clue how it happened."
:laugh: :thumbsup:
I'm sorry, I was carrying your computer and I accidentally tripped.
were you driving a forklift when you tripped? lol
The two foot long stainless steel bar in the last picture had nothing to do with it... I swear! :D
 

markgm

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2001
3,292
0
71
That'll buff right out. Heck, I bet you don't even have to do that, just put a few case badges over the damaged parts and it'll look as good as new.
 

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
12,081
8
81
Originally posted by: markgm
That'll buff right out. Heck, I bet you don't even have to do that, just put a few case badges over the damaged parts and it'll look as good as new.
And then sell it on eBay to another AT member and have them create 17 threads about it.
 

funkymatt

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2005
3,919
1
81
Originally posted by: Safeway
Originally posted by: markgm
That'll buff right out. Heck, I bet you don't even have to do that, just put a few case badges over the damaged parts and it'll look as good as new.
And then sell it on eBay to another AT member and have them create 17 threads about it.
in fs/ft no doubt!
 

AMCRambler

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001
7,663
8
81
Just change her local privileges to user from power user or admin.She'll start getting errrors every time she clicks ok to one of the dumb popups.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY